Dan Covey is a lighting designer and projections designer for the theater, working professionally since 1980.
He studied at West Virginia University from 1976 to 1980. After leaving WVU, he worked for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, for a variety of theaters in Boston, and recently as a lighting designer and theater renovation advisor in Washington, D.C.. He and set designer Tony Cisek worked together on more than 40 Washington productions. They also worked together on two Off-Broadway productions, Beyond Glory (2007), and columbinus (2006).
Awards and nominations
Covey received a 2008 Drammy Award for Lighting Design for Portland Center Stage's new production of Sometimes a Great Notion. This production was featured in American Theatre magazine in September 2008.
He has been nominated eleven other times for the Helen Hayes Award as follows:
- Isherwood, Charles (2007-06-22). "Roundabout Theater Company's Beyond Glory". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- Isherwood, Charles (2006-05-23). "New York Theater Workshop's columbinus". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- "Dan Covey, Lighting Designer, Official website". Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "Helen Hayes Awards". Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- "Portland, Oregon's Drammy Awards". Retrieved 2009-04-14.
|This stagecraft related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|