Dan David Prize
|Dan David Prize|
|Awarded for||outstanding contribution in the fields of science, technology, culture or social welfare|
|Presented by||The Dan David Foundation|
The Dan David Prize grants three prizes of US$ 1 million for outstanding achievement each year. Fields are chosen for Past, Present and Future.
The Dan David Prize is awarded for innovative and interdisciplinary research. Prize laureates donate 10 percent of their prize money to doctoral scholarships for outstanding Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholarships for outstanding researchers in their own field from around the world.
The 2013 Selected Fields: Past Time Dimension: Classics, The Modern Legacy of the Ancient World; Present Time Dimension: Ideas, Public Intellectuals and Contemporary Philosophers; Future Time Dimension: Preventive Medicine
The Dan David Foundation was founded in 2000 with a $100 million endowment by Romanian-born international businessman and philanthropist Dan David. The first awards ceremony took place at Tel Aviv University on May 2002.
- http://www.dandavidprize.org The Dan David Prize
- "The true worth of Dan David - Haaretz - Israel News". Haaretz. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- Al Gore - Present 2008 Laureate - Dan David Prize, TAU[dead link]
- "Laureates 2009". Dan David Prize. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- "Coen brothers win $1m Dan David Prize". BBC News. 16 May 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2011. "The pair were given the Dan David Prize - awarded to people who have made 'an outstanding contribution to humanity' - at Tel Aviv University in Israel."
- http://www.dandavidprize.org - Official Dan David Prize website, including complete list of all laureates by year.