|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
Kogai went to middle school, but he had problems with formal education and skipped classes. Immediately after he graduated from middle school at the age of 16 he passed the high-school equivalence exam, and up until age 18 he spent his time teaching senior students as a tutor and cram school teacher. He then entered the University of California, Berkeley.
During his fourth year at university, his family's home burnt down, and he left school. He made a living with the computer skills he had learnt at university, and at age 29 was headhunted by Takafumi Horie to join Livin' On the Edge (now Livedoor).
- Kogai,Dan (2003). tatsujin ni manabu Perl/CGI dōjō. Impress Communications. ISBN 4844317423.
- Kogai,Dan (2008). kogai dan no arufagiiku ni atte kita. Gijutsu-Hyohron. ISBN 477413452X.
- Kogai,Dan (2006). marugoto Perl! Vol.1 -- Web 2.0 wo purogramingu shiyō. Impress Communications. ISBN 4-8443-2289-3.
- Kogai,Dan (2006). Web 2.0 tsūru no tukaikata -- mada, Google dake desu ka?. Gijutsu-Hyohron. ISBN 4-7741-2908-9.
- Kogai,Dan (2007). 2channeru wa naze tsuburenai no ka?. Fushosha. ISBN 4-5940-5388-2.
- Kogai,Dan (2008). dangen - seikō suru jinsei to baransu shiito no tsukaikata. Aspect. ISBN 4-7572-1533-9.
- Homepage in English
- 404 Blog Not Found (Japanese)
- 404 Diary Not Found (Japanese)
- 404 Bookmark Not Found (Japanese)
- Dan Kogai's Twitter feed (Japanese)
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|