Lin at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International
Dan Lin (Chinese: 林暐; pinyin: Lin Wei) is a Taiwanese-born American film producer. He is the CEO of Lin Pictures, a film production company that he formed in January 2008. In September 2008, Lin was honored as one of Variety's "10 producers to watch."
Dan Lin was born in Taipei, Taiwan, the son of an executive in the international food industry. He spent much of his childhood in Hong Kong, where his father worked, before moving to the United States at the age of five.
Between his first and second year at Harvard Business School, Lin undertook a summer internship program with Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, who was then an executive with Warner Bros. Pictures. In 1999, a day after Lin's graduation, the studio executive immediately offered him a junior position at Warners. Lin worked his way up to Senior Vice President of Production and left in 2007 to form his own company. During his eight years at Warners, Lin oversaw the development and production of the Academy Award-winning film "The Departed", directed by Martin Scorsese. Other films Lin oversaw include "10,000 BC", directed by Roland Emmerich; "The Aviator", directed by Martin Scorsese; "Alexander" directed by Oliver Stone, "TMNT"; "The Invasion"; "Unaccompanied Minors"; "Matchstick Men"; "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed"; and "Torque".
In January 2008 he formed Lin Pictures, based at Warner Bros. He described the transition from development executive to producer as natural: "It’s a symbiotic relationship between the studio and the producers, we all work together towards the same goal – make the best movie possible." Lin along with Lee will be producing a Live Action Archie movie.
- Terminator Salvation (2009) – Executive Producer
- Shorts (2009) – Executive Producer
- The Invention of Lying (2009) – Producer
- The Box (2009) – Producer
- Sherlock Holmes (2009) – Producer
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) – Producer
- Gangster Squad (2013) – Producer
- The Lego Movie (2014) – Producer
- Fleming, Michael (September 3, 2008). "Dan Lin – Entertainment News, 10 Producers to Watch, Media". Variety. Retrieved December 12, 2011.
- "Lego film to be produced in Sydney". Business in NSW. NSW Department of Trade & Investment. 16 November 2011.
- "Film and Television Production Company". Lin Pictures. Retrieved December 12, 2011.
- http://udn.com/NEWS/ENTERTAINMENT/ENT3/6773240.shtml[dead link]
- http://www.movieset.com/sherlock-holmes/castandcrew/2m98uq/producer/dan-lin[dead link]
- "Exclusive Interview: Producer Dan Lin on SHERLOCK HOLMES; Plus he Addresses the Brad Pitt Rumors". Collider.com. Retrieved December 12, 2011.
- Finke, Nikki; Flemming, Mike, Jr (June 6, 2013). "Archie Comics Movie Deal Set At Warner Bros: High School Comedy With Zombies? Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa To Write, Jason Moore To Direct, Roy Lee-Dan Lin Producing".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dan Lin.|