Dan Martin (footballer)
|Full name||Daniel Ashley Martin|
|Date of birth||24 September 1986|
|Place of birth||Derby, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:30, June 28, 2008 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Daniel Ashley Martin (born September 24, 1986 in Derby, Derbyshire) is a footballer who currently plays for Northern Premier League Division One South side Coalville Town as a midfielder. Martin made over 75 appearances in the Football League between 2005 and 2008.
Martin began his career as a trainee with Derby County in July 2002, having graduated from Derby's academy and captained Derby's Under-18 team to the quarter-finals of FA Youth Cup. He joined Notts County on a free transfer in July 2005, where he made 51 appearances, scoring eight goals, in two seasons. Martin was one of six players released by manager Steve Thompson at the end of the 2006–07 season, after which he signed for fellow League Two side Mansfield Town in June 2007. Martin was released by Mansfield at the end of the 2007–08 season after the club were relegated to the Football Conference, and joined Tamworth in June 2008 but left the club shortly afterwards. After leaving Tamworth, Martin signed for Northern Counties East Football League Premier Division side Mickleover Sports and helped them do back-to-back promotions into the Northern Premier League Premier Division. Martin spent three seasons at Mickleover Sports before joining newly promoted Northern Premier League Division One South side Coalville Town in January 2012.
- "Dan Martin". Soccerbase. Racing Post. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Martin completes Magpies switch". BBC Sport. 2005-07-15. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Notts County release six players". BBC Sport. 2007-05-08. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Stags double signing boosts squad". BBC Sport. 2007-06-07. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Seven players to leave Mansfield". BBC Sport. 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-05-17.
- "Two for Lambs". Non League Daily. 2008-06-30. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "Good and bad news for Lambs". Non League Daily. July 6, 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-03.
- "Player news". Coalville Town FC. 2012-01-23. Retrieved 2012-01-23.