|H. Daniel Pfeiffer|
|Senior Advisor to the President|
January 25, 2013
|Preceded by||David Plouffe|
|White House Director of Communications|
November 30, 2009 – January 25, 2013
|Preceded by||Anita Dunn|
|Succeeded by||Jennifer Palmieri|
December 24, 1975 |
Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||Georgetown University|
Howard Daniel "Dan" Pfeiffer (born December 24, 1975, Wilmington, Delaware) is Assistant to the President of the United States and Senior Advisor to the President for Strategy and Communications. He was previously a member of Obama's presidential transition team.
In 2000, he was a spokesperson for Vice President Al Gore. He has since worked for Senators Tim Johnson, Tom Daschle, and Evan Bayh, and was communications director for the Obama campaign. Pfeiffer was formerly a spokesman for Senator Evan Bayh. He graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University.
On July 16, 2006, Pfeiffer married Sarah Feinberg, a senior adviser and spokeswoman for Obama's former Chief of Staff, and current Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel. In 2011, Pfeiffer and Feinberg separated.
- "Biography: Howard Daniel Pfeiffer". LegiStorm. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Rutenberg, Jim. "Times Topics, People". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- "Pfeiffer takes over for Dunn". Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- Hulse, Carl (2006-05-31). "A Build-a-Protest Approach to Immigration". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- "Sarah Feinberg, H. Daniel Pfeiffer". The New York Times. 2006-07-16. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- Dan Pfeiffer and Sarah Feinberg separate; Debra Messing; Chaz Bono Washington Post Achieved 12/20/2011 04:05 PM ET
- Daniel Pfeiffer collected news and commentary at The Washington Post
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Daniel Pfeiffer collected news and commentary at The New York Times
|White House Director of Communications
|Senior Advisor to the President of the United States
Served alongside: Valerie Jarrett
|This biographical article related to politics in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|