|Member of Parliament
for North Cornwall
5 May 2005
|Preceded by||Paul Tyler|
23 July 1975 |
St Austell, Cornwall, England
|Political party||Liberal Democrat|
|Children||2 sons, 1 daughter|
|Alma mater||University of Wales, Aberystwyth|
Rogerson was a councillor on Bedford Borough Council from 1999 to 2002 for the ward of Kingsbook. Before being elected councillor he worked for the Liberal Democrat group on Bedford Borough Council; following his election he worked in University administration.
Rogerson first stood for Parliament in 2001, contesting the North East Bedfordshire seat, increasing the Liberal Democrats' share of the vote by 2.1%.
In 2005 he was elected for the North Cornwall seat and used the Cornish language during the swearing of allegiance in Parliament along with Andrew George in an effort to support the preservation of Cornish identity and culture. In 2006 Rogerson asked the government to make 5 March a public holiday in Cornwall to recognise celebrations for St Piran's Day.
Rogerson is chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on cheese, and opposed Ofcom's inclusion of cheese in its new regulations restricting television advertising of junk foods to children aged under 16.
He is also a member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on religious education.
He was appointed the co-chair of the Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Committee for Education, Families and Young People in July 2010.
In the 2010 general election Dan Rogerson successfully held his seat in North Cornwall with a majority of 6.36%. He repeated his parliamentary oath in Cornish as he did after the previous election.
He married Heidi Purser in August 1999 in Bodmin. They have two sons and one daughter.
- http://www.libdemvoice.org/liberal-democrats-hold-kingsbrook-bedford-borough-council-17132.html Lib Dems Hold Kingsbrook Ward
- St Piran holiday plea for county BBC News Online, published March 2, 2006, retrieved December 26, 2007
- Rogerson calls for revision of advertising restrictions on cheese danrogerson.org, published Jan 22, 2007, retrieved November 24, 2008
- UK Parliament website: Parliamentary Groups database, accessed 18 November 2012
- 14 July 2009 - Dan Rogerson proposes Cornish Assembly
- Liberal Democrat Shadow Ministers
- http://www.danrogerson.org/2007/03/20/wadebridge-school-students-visit-parliament/ danrogerson.org, published March 20, 2009, Wadebridge School Students Visit Parliament, retrieved January 20, 2010
- "2010 election, Cornwall North". BBC. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Cornwall North". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- "MPs swear Oath of Allegiance in Cornish". Maga Kernow. 2010-05-24. Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- Dan Rogerson MP official constituency website
- Profile at the Liberal Democrats
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 1803–2005
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
- Cornish Assembly official website
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for North Cornwall