Dan Romer on stage with Ingrid Michaelson.
|Genres||Singer-songwriter, Rock, Indie|
|Occupations||Music producer, Mixing Engineer, Recording Engineer, Film Composer|
Dan Romer is an acclaimed music producer, recording engineer, mixer and film composer. Currently based in Los Angeles, Dan Romer has produced artists such as Jenny Owen Youngs, April Smith and the Great Picture Show, Ingrid Michaelson, Lelia Broussard, The Woes, He Is We, Jukebox The Ghost and A Great Big World 
Dan attended Purchase College and graduated from the Conservatory of Music’s studio production program in 2004. 
On May 16, 2011, Dan produced Jukebox The Ghost's third studio album. Jukebox the Ghost's Tommy Siegel was pleased with Romer's work on the record, and American Songwriter writes that "Siegel credits him with finally capturing the band’s dynamic on record."
In 2011 Dan scored his first feature film Beasts of the Southern Wild, winner of the Sundance 2012 Grand Jury prize, the Cannes 2012 Caméra_d'Or award and nominated for four Oscars at the 2013 85th Academy Awards. The film was released in the US by Fox Searchlight on June 27th 2012.
Dan produced Say Something by a A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera which was released in September 2013 to critical acclaim. The single debuted at number 1 in the Billboard digital songs chart and was certified platinum as of Jan 2014.
Dan is represented by Ollie Hammett at Spark Music Management.
- A Great Big World, "Is There Anybody Out There?"
- Jukebox The Ghost, "Safe Travels"
- He Is We, My Forever
- Ingrid Michaelson, Everybody
- Lelia Broussard, Masquerade
- Jenny Owen Youngs, Transmitter Failure
- Bess Rogers, Travel Back EP
- April Smith and the Great Picture Show, Songs For A Sinking Ship
- Greg Laswell, Take A Bow
- The Age of Rockets, Hannah
- Jenny Owen Youngs, Batten The Hatches
- The Woes, Coal Mine
(To see Dan’s entire discography, click here.)
- Death To The Tinman (2007)
- Glory At Sea (2008)
- Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)
- Walter (2013)
- Sleepwalking In The Rift (2013)
- The Life and Death of Tommy Chaos and Stacey Danger (2013)
- Roots and Webs (2014)
- Tomorrow We Disappear (2014)
(Visit Dan's IMDB page here, )
- "Dan Romer Keeps it Simple with the Portico 5012". Rupertneve.com. 2009-10-22.
- "Dan Romer Credits". Allmusic.com.
- "Purchase College Alum Dan Romer Scores at Sundance and Cannes with Beasts of the Southern Wild". Purchase College, SUNY. 2012-06-14.
- "Dan Romer's Formspring Profile". Formspring.me. 2011-05-16.
- "Jukebox The Ghost Gets Introspective With Safe Travels". Jukebox The Ghost Gets Introspective With Safe Travels. American Songwriter. Retrieved 13 June 2012.