Dan W. Brown
|Dan W. Brown|
|Member of the Missouri Senate
from the 16th district
|Preceded by||Frank Barnitz|
|Member of the Missouri House of Representatives
from the 149th district
2008 - 2010
|Preceded by||Bob May|
December 22, 1950 |
|Profession||Doctor of Veterinary medicine.|
Dan W. Brown (born December 22, 1950) is a first-term Republican member of the Missouri Senate representing the 16th district. Brown previously served in the Missouri House of Representatives from 2008 to 2010 as representative from the 149th district.
Dan Brown was born in Solo, Missouri, and is a graduate of Houston (Missouri) High School. Brown furthered his education at the University of Missouri where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture and a Doctorate of Veterinary medicine. Senator Brown has been a practicing veterinarian for over 33 years and continues his practice when not involved with his legislative duties. He and his wife Kathy reside in Rolla. They're the parents of two children, a son and a daughter.
Dan Brown first entered statewide politics in 2008 when he defeated Democrat Wayne Bledsoe and Constitution Party candidate Dennis E. Husted to win the district 149 seat.
|Missouri 149th District State Representative Election 2008|
|Republican||Dan W. Brown||9,456||60%||Winner|
|Constitution||Dennis E. Husted||284||1.8%|
|Missouri 16th District State Senate Election 2010|
|Republican||Dan W. Brown||31,792||58.3%||Winner|
|Democratic||Frank A. Barnitz||22,760||41.7%|
During the 96th General Assembly Senator Brown serves on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Food Production, & Outdoor Resources.
- Vice-chairman, Veterans Affairs, Emerging Issues, Pensions & Urban Affairs.
Senator Brown belongs to the following groups:
- Member, American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Member, Missouri Veterinary Medical Association.
- Missouri Farm Bureau.
- Missouri Farmers Association (MFA).
- Charter member, Paseo Biofuel.
- Charter member, Mid-Missouri Energy.
- Member, National Rifle Association.
- Member, Missouri Republican Party.
- "Missouri House of Representatives". House.mo.gov. 1950-12-22. Retrieved 2011-02-21.
- "Project Vote Smart - Senator Dan W. Brown - Biography". Votesmart.org. 1950-12-22. Retrieved 2011-02-21.
- "November 4, 2008 Missouri General Election Directory of Election Contests and Ballot Measures". Vote-mo.org. Retrieved 2011-02-21.