Dan Wells (author)
|Born||Daniel Andrew Wells
March 4, 1977
|Occupation||Author, podcast personality|
|Period||2000 - present|
|Genres||horror, science fiction, young adult|
|Notable work(s)||I Am Not a Serial Killer|
Wells wrote his first stories, based on the Choose Your Own Adventure series, when he was in second grade. He followed up with several novellas, a serial and a series of comic books when he was in high school. He finished his first serious novel when he was 22. He is a graduate of Brigham Young University, with a bachelor degree in English, emphasizing writing and editing.
Wells is best known as the author of I Am Not a Serial Killer, a horror novel published in the United States by Tor Books. It has been released in the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, and Taiwan.
Horror writer F. Paul Wilson described I Am Not a Serial Killer as a "dazzling, unputdownable debut" with a protagonist "as chilling as he is endearing." Young adult fiction author Jack Heath praised it as having "plenty of thematic merit", and noted that "all the characters are richly identifiable, including–and I can't stress enough how impressed I was by this–the serial killer...Wells is a first-time novelist, and yet he's already created a sympathetic villain, the holy grail of thriller writing."
John Wayne Cleaver trilogy
This will be a series of four books.
- Partials (2012)
- Isolation (August 28, 2012)
- Fragments (February 26, 2013)
- Ruins (Due out Mar 11, 2014)
- A Night of Blacker Darkness (audio book, 2011), written as Frederick Whithers (author) and Cecil G. Bagsworth III (editor)
- The Hollow City (ISBN 978-0765331700, July 3, 2012)
- "The Amazing Adventures of George" (2000), in Leading Edge #40
- "Charybdis" (2011), in Leading Edge #61
- "The Mountain of the Lord" (2011), in Monsters & Mormons (Peculiar Pages)
- Clark, Cody (March 4, 2012). "Vanishing point: Humanity gets terminated - almost - in Orem author’s grim teen sci-fi novel". The Daily Herald. Archived from the original on March 4, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- "Questions and Answers with Dan Wells - Hortorian.com".[dead link]
- "Bio for Dan Wells". Fearful Symmetry. Retrieved April 28, 2009.
- "Brothers By The Book", Salt Lake Tribune
- "Tor: Winter 2010". Macmillan US. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Heath, Jack (October 16, 2009). "Book review: I Am Not a Serial Killer, by Dan Wells". Goodreads. Archived from the original on March 4, 2012. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- "Renovation - Hugo Awards". August 8, 2011. Archived from the original on March 4, 2012. Retrieved October 16, 2011.
- Dan Wells. "Dan Wells talks about Partials". Retrieved 17 September 2011.
AMICloudFrontDynamoDBEBSEC2FPSMTurkProduct Advertising APIRDSS3SESSimpleDBSQSVPCAmazon SilkAmazon GlacierAppstoreAudible.comCloud DriveInstant VideoKindle(Fire, Fire HD, Fire HDX) LexcycleLoveFilmMobipocketMP3Reflexive EntertainmentFire OS1-ClickCarbonadoDynamoGurupaLab126ObidosAmazon PublishingAmazon StudiosBreakthrough Novel AwardBest Books of the Year43 ThingsAmie Street(Songza) LibraryThingLivingSocialSellabandAmazon LightASINControversies(tax) FishbowlLockerPerfect 10, Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc.Statistically Improbable PhrasesVine People Products and servicesWebsitesDigitalTechnologyPublishingInvestmentsOther
- "Stories, Listed by Author (2000)". Locus. 2000. Archived from the original on February 24, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2010.
- Writing Excuses Website
- Dan Wells at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Second Questions and Answers with Dan Wells[dead link]