||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
Dana Ashbrook at the 1990 Emmy Awards
|Born||Dana V. Ashbrook
May 24, 1967
San Diego, California, U.S.
Dana V. Ashbrook (born May 24, 1967) is an American actor, perhaps best known for playing Bobby Briggs on the cult TV series Twin Peaks (1990–1991) and its 1992 prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.
Ashbrook was born in San Diego, California; his mother is a teacher and his father a director of a college drama department. He is the brother of writer Taylor Ashbrook and actress Daphne Ashbrook and uncle to her daughter, Paton Ashbrook.
After Twin Peaks went off the air, Ashbrook portrayed Clyde Barrow in the 1992 TV film, Bonnie & Clyde: The True Story alongside Tracey Needham. He starred in the 1995 science fiction TV pilot W.E.I.R.D. World, written and produced by the makers of the Tales from the Crypt TV show. In 1997, he won the starring role of Gary McDermott on the short-lived TV series Crisis Center.
He also starred in the films She's Out of Control (1989), Comfortably Numb (1995), The Last Place On Earth (2002) and Python II (2002). He played the recurring role of Rich Rinaldi on the TV series Dawson's Creek (2002–2003).
Ashbrook has appeared on The WB's Charmed in the 2001 episode "Just Harried", on NBC's The Pretender in the 2000 episode "Rules of Engagement", on The Outer Limits in the 1996 episode "Resurrection", and on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in the 2007 episode "Haystack".
In 2009, Ashbrook joined the cast of the series Crash for the regular part of Jimmy.
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! (1978)
- Return of the Living Dead Part II (1988)
- Waxwork (1988)
- She's Out of Control (1989)
- Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat (1990)
- Ghost Dad (1990)
- Girlfriend from Hell (1990)
- The Willies (1991)
- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992)
- Cityscrapes: Los Angeles (1994)
- The Coriolis Effect (1994)
- Comfortably Numb (1995)
- Interstate 5 (1998)
- Blink of an Eye aka Urban Jungle (1999)
- Puzzled (2001)
- Angels Don't Sleep Here (2001)
- The Last Place on Earth (2002)
- New Alcatraz (2002)
- The Aggression Scale (2012)
- Cagney & Lacey (1 episode, 1986)
- Knots Landing (2 episodes, 1987)
- ABC Afterschool Special (1 episode, 1987)
- 21 Jump Street (1 episode, 1988)
- Twin Peaks (27 episodes, 1990–1991)
- The Hidden Room (1 episode, 1991)
- Bonnie & Clyde: The True Story (1992)
- Desperate Journey: The Allison Wilcox Story (1993)
- Golden Gate (1994)
- W.E.I.R.D. World (1995)
- The Outer Limits (1 episode, 1996)
- Crisis Center (5 episodes, 1997)
- Welcome to Paradox (1 episode, 1998)
- The Pretender (1 episode, 2000)
- Jack & Jill (1 episode, 2001)
- Charmed (1 episode, 2001)
- Python II (2002)
- Dawson's Creek (9 episodes, 2002–2003)
- The Division (1 episode, 2004)
- Deadwood (1 episode, 2006)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1 episode, 2007)
- The Kill Point (6 episodes, 2007)
- Crash (2009)
- Psych (Twin Peaks homage: Dual Spires, 2010)
- White Collar (1 episode, 2011)
- Hostages (2 episodes, 2013)