|Traded as||NYSE: DAN|
|Founder||Clarence W. Spicer, Charles A. Dana, Joseph Victor, Hugo Reinz, J.B. Long|
|Headquarters||Maumee, Ohio, United States|
|Roger J. Wood (President & CEO)|
|Products||Axles, driveshafts, sealing and thermal products for automotive, commercial vehicle, and off-highway vehicle manufacturers|
|Revenue||US$ 7.22 billion (FY 2012)|
|US$ 448.0 million (FY 2012)|
|US$ 300.0 million (FY 2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 5.14 billion (FY 2012)|
|Total equity||US$ 1.84 billion (FY 2012)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
The Dana Holding Corporation is an American-based worldwide supplier of powertrain components such as axles, driveshafts, off-highway transmissions, sealing and thermal-management products, and service parts.
The company's customer base includes virtually every major vehicle manufacturer in the global automotive, commercial vehicle, and off-highway markets. Based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs approximately 23,400 people in 26 countries and reported 2010 sales of US$6.1 billion. The company is included in the Fortune 500.
1905 - Spicer Universal Joint Manufacturing Company incorporated.
1909 - Company changed name to Spicer Manufacturing Company.
1914 - Charles Dana joined the company.
1916 - Dana became president and treasurer, the company was renamed the Dana Corporation.
1928 - The Dana Corporation relocated to Toledo, Ohio.
2006 - Dana filed for bankruptcy.
2007 - Dana canceled 150 million shares of stock during bankruptcy.
On September 15, 2005, Dana restated its second-quarter 2005 financial statements, primarily to correct inappropriate recognition of price increases in its Commercial Vehicle business during the second quarter. On October 10, 2005, Dana Corporation restated its 2004, first-quarter 2005, and second-quarter 2005 financial statements to correct issues involving customer pricing and transactions with suppliers in Dana's Commercial Vehicle business.
- Light Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Off highway
- "Dana Holding Corporation (DAN)". Yahoo! Finance.
- Michael S. Raber, Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) No. NJ-144, "Spicer Manufacturing Company, 2006."
- Peters, Jeremy W. "Auto Supplier Dana Files for Bankruptcy Protection, The New York Times, 03 March 2006. Retrieved 06 October 2013.
- Pakulski, Gary T. "Dana plans to cancel 150m shares of old stock: Investors get nothing following Chapter 11", toledoBlade.com, 05 September 2007. Retrieved on 02 October 2010.
- "Dana CorporationRevises 2005 Earnings Outlook, Restatement of Second-Quarter 2005 Financial Statements Likely".
- "Dana CorporationtoRestateFinancial Statements for 2004 & 2005, Write Off U.S. Deferred Tax Assets".