Dana Schutz (born 1976) is an artist living and working in New York.
Schutz grew up in Livonia, Michigan a suburb of Detroit and graduated in 1995 from Adlai E. Stevenson High School (Livonia, Michigan). In 1999, Schutz attended the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture residency program. She graduated with a BFA from the Cleveland Institute of Art in 2000 and an MFA from Columbia University in 2002.
Her work is present in many of the major museums in North America and Europe, as well as in several important private collections. A number of her works are in the Saatchi Gallery and a large canvas titled "How we cured the plague, 2007" is currently on display in the permanent collection of the prestigious Mart Museum (Museo di Arte Moderna e Contemporanea Trento e Rovereto) in Italy . She exhibits at Friedrich Petzel Gallery in New York and at Contemporary Fine Arts in Berlin. Her first European solo show, Self Eaters and the People Who Love Them, was presented by LFL Gallery at Paris's Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin. Dana Schutz's representative for the first 9 years of her career was Zach Feuer Gallery(also known as LFL Gallery).
- Dana Schutz: If the Face Had Wheels, Denver Art Museum, Denver, CO
- Piano In The Rain, Friedrich Petzel Gallery, New York, NY
- Dana Schutz: If the Face Had Wheels, Neuberger Museum of Art, Purchase, NY
- Dana Schutz: Drawings & Prints, Atlanta Contemporary Art Center, Atlanta, GA
- Dana Schutz, Douglas Hyde Gallery, Dublin, Ireland / Museo di arte moderna e contemporanea di Trento e Rovereto, Rovereto, Italy
- Dana Schutz: The Last Thing You See, Contemporary Fine Arts, Berlin, Germany
- Missing Pictures, Zach Feuer Gallery, New York, NY
- If It Appears In The Desert, Contemporary Fine Arts, Berlin, Germany
- Stand By Earth Man Zach Feuer Gallery, New York, NY
- Dana Schutz: Paintings 2002-2005 Rose Museum, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA / Museum of Contemporary Art, Cleveland, OH
- Dana Schutz, Site Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM
- Teeth Dreams and Other Supposed Truths, Contemporary Fine Arts, Berlin, Germany
- Dana Schutz, Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art, Overland Park, KS
- Panic, Zach Feuer Gallery, New York, NY
- Self Eaters and the People Who Love Them, Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin, Paris, France
- Run, Mario Diacono Gallery, Boston, MA
- Frank From Observation, LFL Gallery, New York, NY
- Jarrett Earnest, "In Conversation: Dana Schutz with Jarrett Earnest" the Brooklyn Rail, June 2012.http://brooklynrail.org/2012/06/art/dana-schutz-with-jarrett-earnest
- "Zach Feuer Gallery: Dana Schutz Exhibitions". Zach Feuer Gallery: Dana Schutz Exhibitions. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- The Saatchi Gallery; About Dana Schutz and her art Additional information on Dana Schutz including artworks, text panels, articles, and full biography
- Interview with Mei Chin in Bomb Magazine
- Dana Schutz, Lyon ENBA