|Dana F. White|
July 28, 1969 |
Manchester, CT, U.S.
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Occupation||President of UFC|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
Dana Frederick White Jr was born to Dana White Sr and June White on July 28, 1969 in Manchester, Connecticut. Dana and his sister Kelly were raised by his mother and her family the majority of his childhood.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (2002–present)
While working as a manager for Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell, White learned that Semaphore Entertainment Group, the parent company of the UFC, was looking for a buyer for the UFC. White contacted childhood friend Lorenzo Fertitta, an executive at Station Casinos, and a former commissioner of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Within a month, Lorenzo and his older brother Frank bought the UFC, with White installed as its president. White currently owns 9% of Zuffa, LLC, the entity the Fertitta brothers created to own and manage the UFC.
In May 2012, White revealed that he had been diagnosed with Ménière's disease after an injury in a street Fight. The UFC on Fuel TV 3: "Korean Zombie vs. Poirier" event was to be the first he had missed in 11 years with White staying home as per doctors orders. White is undergoing Orthokine treatment for Ménière's disease which he says has greatly reduced his symptoms from the disease.
White and former UFC light heavyweight and heavyweight champion Randy Couture have had some controversy. White stated in an interview that he has "no respect for Couture, not even a little. The only time when he's ever a man is when he steps in that cage." He stated that Couture "Lied to me, not even to my face, not over the phone, but through text" about Couture doing a deal with Spike and Bellator.
In December 2010, White donated $50,000 to the Francisco Espinoza foundation. White donated approximately $8,000 to help pay for the brain tumor treatment of two-year-old British girl, Ruby Owen. The young girl's family had described themselves as being "shocked and over the moon". Ruby Owen's uncle, being a UFC fan had contacted White via email and asked if he could help by donating to the Ruby Owen fund raising website. White and Owen have never officially met. He gave $300 to one man who said that he "just received a speeding ticket while racing across town to meet him". Shortly after being named 2009 Nevada Sportsman of the Year, White added $100,000 from his pocket to the $250,000 total raised for the fund raising marathon sponsored by ESPN Radio 1100 for Las Vegas.
- Nevada Sportsman of the Year (2009)
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards
- World MMA Awards
- Leading Man of the Year 2012
- Leading Man of the Year 2011
- Leading Man of the Year 2010
- Armed Forces Foundation
- Patriot Award
- Wickert, Marc (2004). "Dana White and the future of UFC". Knucklepit.com. Mirror
- McCarthy, Michael (2005-04-10). "Battles yield winning 'Fighter'". USA Today. Retrieved 2007-03-25.
- "Dana White Tells Playboy About His Atheism, Steroid Use and Love for Donald Trump". Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "UFC boss fights clock Gung-ho White wishes there were more hours in day". Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- Kevin Iole. "Dana White diagnosed with Ménière's disease, misses first live UFC card in more than 11 years". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "UFC boss Dana White credits Alex Rodriguez, Orthokine for beating Meniere’s". Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- UFC president makes charity donation | Ruby Owen | Dana White. This is Staffordshire (2010-03-01). Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- Dana White Pays For A Fan’s $300 Speeding Ticket. Fightofthenight.Com (2010-08-01). Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- Wrestling – Dana White Named 2009 Nevada Sportsman Of The Year. 411mania.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- "Dana White honored as "Sportsman of the Year" while $2K awarded to The Caring Place. Dana White has been quoted as saying "June 26, 2010 is the happiest day of my life.". MMAjunkie. 2009-07-27. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 26, 2011). "Biggest issue of the year: The 2011 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards Issue". Wrestling Observer Newsletter (Campbell, CA): 1–40. ISSN 1083-9593.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 30, 2012). "Jan 30 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Gigantic year-end awards issue, best and worst in all categories plus UFC on FX 1, death of Savannah Jack, ratings, tons and tons of news". Wrestling Observer Newsletter (Campbell, CA). ISSN 1083-9593.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 23, 2013). "The 2012 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Annual Awards Issue". Wrestling Observer Newsletter (Campbell, California). ISSN 1083-9593.
- Mrosko, Geno. (2009-03-19) UFCs Dana White accepts Patriot Award for humanitarian efforts to raise money for injured soldiers. MMAmania.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dana White.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Dana White|