Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (2004 video game)
|Dance Dance Revolution Extreme|
North American boxart
|Series||Dance Dance Revolution
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme is a music video game and part of the Dance Dance Revolution series by Konami. It was released by Konami on September 21, 2004 and is the ninth DDR release in North America.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Development
- 3 Music
- 4 Burger King promotion
- 5 Reception
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Feeding Time does not require the EyeToy. A type of food is assigned to each arrow and players must step on the one that best matches the animal being displayed on screen.
Watch Me Dance
Watch Me Dance uses the EyeToy to place a live video of the player as the background during normal game play.
Clean the Screen
Clean the Screen requires players to move their arms across the EyeToy's view to wipe away visual obstructions during normal game play.
Hands and Feet
Hands and Feet add two hand targets to the arrow receptors at the top of the screen during normal game play. A special difficulty appears during song select that lets players play with their hands and feet at the same time.
Magical Ball does not require the dance pad. Players use their hands to knock a ball into a set of block in an effort to clear them all without losing the ball, similar to Arkanoid.
Coconut Panic does not require the dance pad. Players shake palm trees with their movement and attempt to catch all the falling coconuts.
In Dance Dance Revolution Extreme the song wheel introduced in Dance Dance Revolution 5thMix was altered and put in the center of the screen, song scrolling left and right instead of up and down. The banners are displayed at the top of screen with the Foot Ratings listed below in the center of the wheel. The Groove Radar has been removed and Nonstop and Challenge modes are selectable on the wheel instead of during difficulty select.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- "Believe" is a song by Eddie.J. It is a cover of "Believe" by Cher.
- "Bizarre Love Triangle" is a song by Jerry. It is a cover of "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order.
- "Highs Off U" is a song by 4 REEEL produced by Mark Summers for SCORCCiO. It features a sample replay of "Can't Get My Eyes Off You".
- "Funk Boogie" is a song by the Funk Kid feat. Kool Boys.
- "Ladies' Night" is a song by ∠R. It is a cover of "Ladies' Night" by Kool & the Gang.
- "Like a Virgin" is a song by Tama_Happytone. It is a cover of "Like a Virgin" by Madonna.
- "Maximizer" is a song by Cli-Max S.
- "Waiting For Tonight" is a song by P.A.T. It is a cover of "Waiting for Tonight" by Jennifer Lopez.
- 321 Stars
- Drop the Bomb
Burger King promotion
In the fall of 2006 Burger King held a Dance Dance Revolution-themed promotion. Part of the promotion was a minigame on the Burger King website that if beaten provided an unlock code for the then two year old Dance Dance Revolution Extreme. Entering this code into the game unlocks the song "Memories". Prior to the release of this code DDR fan groups who had read the contents of the game disc and noticed the song believed its absence to be a last minute change or a glitch.
DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution
|Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2