||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Abby Lee Miller
|Starring||Abby Lee Miller, Brooke, Paige, Chloe, Mackenzie, Maddie, Nia, Kendall and Asia ( Cathy and Vivi-Anne Stein )|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||61 (aired) (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Gena McCarthy
|Running time||60 minutes
|Production company(s)||Collins Avenue Entertainment|
|Original channel||Lifetime Bio (us)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||July 13, 2011– present|
|Related shows||Dance Moms: Miami
Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition
Dance Moms is an American dance reality series that debuted on Lifetime on July 13, 2011. Created by Collins Avenue Productions, it is set in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, at the Abby Lee Dance Company, and follows children's early careers in dance show business, and their mothers. A spinoff series set in Miami at Victor Smalley and Angel Armas' dance studio, Stars Dance Studio, premiered on April 3, 2012.
On October 10, 2012, Lifetime announced that they had picked up Dance Moms for a third season, consisting of 26 episodes, which debuted on January 1, 2013.
||This section has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Abby Lee Miller, is the owner of her self-named dance company in Pittsburgh, which she started at age 14. Abby is very tough on the girls and sometimes her actions can be taken the wrong way but at the end of the day, Abby says she loves the girls. Although some see Abbys behavior as abusive.Gianna "Gia" Martello is Abby's assistant. She does much of the choreography when Abby is working with other girls. She appears in all seasons. Gia was also a former student of the Abby Lee Dance Company.
- Niyala is an assistant choreographer. She appeared in episode 9 of season 3 "Bye Bye Baby" while Abby was grieving and away from the studio.
Other Instructors 
- Cathy Nesbitt-Stein: Owner of Candy Apple's Dance Center in Ohio and mother of Vivi-Anne. Vivi used to attend ALDC, however quit in Season 1. The Candy Apples and ALDC are rivals and often compete against each other. Cathy is also accused of being a fraud due to hiring multiple chorepgraphers, and creating a team of children trained in other studios.
- Melissa Ziegler: Mother of Maddie and Mackenzie, worked at the front desk for Abby in season 1.
- Christina "Christi" Lukasiak: Mother of Chloe also has daughter who's name is Clara and is younger. She usually gets into a lot of fights with Abby, mostly because of the unfair treatment Chloe gets from her. Christi is a fan favorite because of her outspoken nature and her refusal to back down to Abbys abuse of Chloe.
- Holly Frazier: Mother of Nia. She was previously a principal, but left to focus on dance. By most of the viewers, Holly is considered to be the most quiet mom because of her polite but assertive behaviors. Holly usually gets into fights with Abby because she does not like how her daughter is treated.
- Kelly Hyland: Mother of Brooke, and Paige, Kelly attended ALDC as a child, but quit to become a cheerleader at age 14. She usually gets into fights with Abby because her daughters Brooke and Paige normally are at the bottom of the pyramid and are ridiculed by Abby. At the beginning of season 3, she took her kids off the team because of Abby's unfair treatment, but by episode 5, they are both back at the studio.
- Jill Vertes: Mother of Kendall also two other daughters, Charlotte & Ryleigh Vertes. She first appears in Season 2 when Kendall auditions and makes it on the ALDC team. She and Kendall leave the ALDC team to go to Candy Apples but they later return. She usually gets into fights with Abby because of the little opportunities Kendall gets to shine.
- Kristie Ray: Mother of Asia. She joined the show in Season Three when Asia was put onto the competition team. She does not seem to get along well with the other mothers. Kristie was first seen on Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition.
- Madison "Maddie" Ziegler: Daughter of Melissa, age 10. Maddie has been on the top of the pyramid the most times out of all the girls in the group. She indirectly causes dispute between the mothers as she is known to be treated better than the rest of the group by Abby.
- Mackenzie Ziegler: Daughter of Melissa, age 8. She was the youngest dancer in the group until Asia joined the team. She also models for Cicci Dance. Her older sister is Maddie. In season one, she was only found at the bottom of the pyramid, however as the show has progressed, she is often scattered throughout.
- Chloe Lukasiak: Daughter of Christi, age 11. Chloe is the constant victim of Abbys rath and still dances well enough to be tward the top of the pyramid. Although considered the underdog of the team, she has beaten Maddie on numerous occasions, including her national winning performance, 'Silence', at the end of season 2. Chloe was suspended in season 3 due to her mother's behavior but came back a week later.
- Brooke Hyland: Daughter of Kelly, age 15. Brooke is the oldest dancer in the group. Was once Abby's 'favorite'. but over the years her wavering in commitment led to that spot being filled by Maddie. She models for Cicci Dance. Older sister of Paige. Brooke has a song called "Summer Love Song" which is on iTunes and was once hit #9 on the chart. In late season 2 she and the girls made a music video for it which Abby directed. She is normally found at the bottom of the pyramid, though she has been at the top and middle in the earlier episodes and still occasionally is placed there.
- Paige Hyland: Daughter of Kelly, age 12. Paige is the younger sister of Brooke. She models for Cicci Dance. Paige is often at the bottom of the pyramid and is ridiculed by Abby which leads her mother to get into a lot of fights with Abby. Paige is considered to be the prettiest of the girls by Abby, because at season 2 Nationals Abby said Paige is "beautiful to look at". She very rarely gets solos, which limits her opportunities to move up the pyramid.
- Nia Frazier: Daughter of Holly, age 11. In season 3 episode 7 (Rotten to the Core) we find out that she suffers from RND. Nia is often yelled at by Abby because of her sickled feet. She is often found at the bottom or middle of the pyramid, but has been placed at the top of the pyramid a few times due to her commitment towards dance.
- Kendall Vertes: Daughter of Jill, age 10. She models for Cicci Dance. She joined the group in season 2, but later left to join the Candy Apples due to her treatment from Abby but it was all just a set-up for the show. However in late season 2, she left Candy Apples and went back to Abby's team. When she was brought to the team, she was only found at the bottom of the pyramid. However, in season 3, she is scattered across all three stages of the pyramid due to her significant improvement and her mom's competitive nature. Episode 46 Season 3 Episode 7 she was on the top for the first time.
- Asia Monet Ray : daughter of Kristie Ray, age 7. She joined the team in season 3 episode 7 to replace Mackenzie. She placed 3rd on Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. She is not one of the original dancers.She was not hired to replace Mackenzie she was there to fill in for Mackenzie after Mackenzie injured her foot. Mackenzie took her position back on the team when The View was filmed and Abby Lee picked Mackenzie to dance over Asia.
Cast selection 
In an interview after the first season, Abby Lee Miller claimed that the production company interviewed "23 families to choose those mothers. The children were never auditioned." However, mom Christi Lukasiak claimed that Miller's statement was false. "The children absolutely auditioned, too. I have Chloe's audition tapes saved on my computer!"
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD release date|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|1||13||July 13, 2011||October 12, 2011||August 7, 2012||N/A||N/A|
|2||28||January 10, 2012||September 25, 2012||January 8, 2013||N/A||N/A|
|3||26||January 1, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Awards and nominations 
|2012 Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Reality Show||Nominated|
The Pyramid 
Every week on the show, Abby Lee Miller uses a pyramid to show the moms and the dancers who she feels did the best in her eyes, and who needs to improve. The pyramid changes every week, but primarily consist of Maddie Ziegler on top. It became a subject of controversy among viewers and the dance moms because of its negative aspect. Abby Lee did not do the pyramid relating to shame before the show. In the current season (3) the pyramid consists of Nia, Brooke, Paige and Mackenzie usually at the bottom of the pyramid, Kendall and Chloe usually on the middle right behind Maddie. Asia then comes in on the team so the pyramid is changed to three people in the middle with four on the bottom and one on top as always. 
Season 1 
|Maddie||Top||Top||Top||Middle||Top||Top||Top||Top||Week Off||Top||Top||Straight Line|
Season 2A 
Season 2B 
- Maddie was on top of the pyramid twice this week.
Season 3 
|Nia||Not Revealed||Straight Line||Bottom||Bottom||Bottom||Middle||Bottom||Middle||Middle||Bottom||Top||Bottom||Bottom||Middle||Middle||Bottom|
|Chloe||Not Revealed||Straight Line||Bottom||Middle||Middle||Suspended||N/A||Bottom||Middle||Middle||Bottom||Middle||Top|
|Kendall||Not Revealed||Straight Line||Middle||Bottom||Middle||Top||Bottom||Middle||Bottom||Middle||Middle||Bottom||Middle||Bottom||Bottom||Middle|
|Mackenzie||Not Revealed||Straight Line||Bottom||Top||Bottom||Bottom||Middle||Bottom||Middle||Bottom||Bottom||Bottom||Bottom||Bottom||Bottom||Bottom|
|Maddie||Not Revealed||Straight Line||Middle||Bottom||Bottom||Middle||Top||Top||Top||Middle||Middle||Top||Top||Middle||Top||Middle|
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 10, 2012). "'Dance Moms' Renewed by Lifetime For Third Season". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- "About Abby Lee Miller". Dance Moms Official site. Retrieved July 28, 2012. "At just 14 years old, she started the Abby Lee Dance Company"
- "About Gianna Martello". DanceOn: The Abby Lee Miller Interview. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- "'Dance Moms' Mackenzie Ziegler Modeling for Cicci Dance Catalog". Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- "'ChloeLukasiak.com'". Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "'Dance Moms Brooke Hyland Modeling for Cicci Dance Catalog". Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- [http://www.ciccidance.com/catalog-2013/details.php?first- performance/twilight "'Dance Moms' Paige Hyland Modeling for Cicci Dance Catalog"]. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- "'Dance Moms' Kendall Vertes Modeling for Cicci Dance Catalog". Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski (October 12, 2011). "Exclusive: Dance instructor Abby Lee Miller talks about 'Dance Moms'". Reality TV World. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Lori Acken (January 24, 2012). "'Dance Moms' back again". Fort Wayne Journal Gazette. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Lambert, David. "Dance Moms- Season 1". TVShowsonDVD.com. Retrieved January 17, 2013.
- Lambert, David. "Dance Moms- Season 2 (Part 1)". TVShowsonDVD.com. Retrieved January 17, 2013.
- Lambert, David. "Dance Moms- Season 2 (Part 2)". TVShowsonDVD.com. Retrieved January 17, 2013.
- Juzwiak, Rich (July 21, 2011). "Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller On Ranking Students and Dressing Them Sexily". TV Guide. Retrieved October 21, 2011.