Dancin' on the Boulevard
|Dancin' on the Boulevard|
|Studio album by Alabama|
|Released||April 8, 1997|
|Producer||Alabama and Don Cook|
Dancin' on the Boulevard is the seventeenth studio album by country music band Alabama, released in 1997 on RCA Nashville. It includes the singles "Dancin, Shaggin' on the Boulevard", "Sad Lookin' Moon," "She's Got That Look in Her Eyes" and "Of Course I'm Alright". Also included on the album are cover versions of The Temptations' "My Girl" and Bruce Channel's "Hey! Baby".
Dancin' on the Boulevard was produced by the band, along with Don Cook. "Sad Lookin' Moon" was the first single release from the album, peaking at #2 on the U.S. country singles charts in 1997. Following it was the title track which, like "Sad Lookin' Moon", was co-written by lead singer Randy Owen along with bass guitarist Teddy Gentry and frequent collaborator Greg Fowler. This song reached #3 on the same chart late that year. "Of Course I'm Alright" followed late in the year and reached #22. Finishing off the single releases was "She's Got That Look in Her Eyes", an Owen-Gentry collaboration which peaked at #21.
- "Dancin', Shaggin' on the Boulevard" (Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry, Greg Fowler) - 4:43
- "Sad Lookin' Moon" (Owen, Gentry, Fowler) - 3:33
- "Anytime (I'm Your Man)" (Owen, Gentry, Fowler, Ronnie Rogers) - 3:52
- "She's Got That Look in Her Eyes" (Owen, Gentry) - 3:18
- "My Girl" (Ronald White, Smokey Robinson) - 3:08
- "Of Course I'm Alright" (Billy Kirsch) - 3:44
- "I Just Couldn't Say No" (Owen, Gentry, Fowler) - 4:35
- "Is the Magic Still There" (Owen, Gentry, Fowler) - 3:14
- "Calling All Angels" (Jeff Jones) - 4:37
- "Hey! Baby" (Bruce Channel, Margaret Cobb) - 3:06
- "One More Time Around" (Owen, Gentry, Fowler, Tim Briggs, Larry Hanson) - 4:15
As listed in liner notes.
Alabama's drummer, Mark Herndon, does not play on the album.
- Mark Casstevens – acoustic guitar
- Bruce Channel – background vocals on "Hey! Baby"
- Dennis Good – trombone
- Mike Haynes – trumpet
- Don Jackson – baritone saxophone
- John Barlow Jarvis – piano, Hammond B-3 organ, Wurlitzer electric piano, keyboards, synthesizer bass
- Chris McDonald – trombone
- Terry McMillan – harmonica on "Hey! Baby"
- Steve Nathan – piano, Hammond B-3 organ, keyboards
- Larry Paxton – bass guitar
- Brent Rowan – electric guitar, slide guitar, 12-string guitar, mandolin
- Dennis Solee – tenor saxophone
- George Tidwell – trumpet
- Lonnie Wilson – drums, percussion
- Carl Gorodetzky, Pamela Sixfin, Lee Larrison, Conni Ellisor, Alan Umstead, David Davidson, David Angell, Catherine Umstead – violins
- Kris Wilkinson, Gary Vanosdale, Jim Grosjean – violas
- Bob Mason, John Catchings – cellos
Strings arranged by Dennis Burnside.
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||5|
|U.S. Billboard 200||55|
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||2|
|US Country||CAN Country|
|1997||"Sad Lookin' Moon"||2||1|
|"Dancin', Shaggin' on the Boulevard"||3||4|
|"Of Course I'm Alright"||22||23|
|1998||"She's Got That Look in Her Eyes"||21||10|