Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 7)
|Dancing with the Stars season 7|
Season seven promotional advertisement made by BLT & Associates
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||21|
|Original run||September 22, 2008 – November 25, 2008|
|Celebrity winner||Brooke Burke|
|Professional winner||Derek Hough|
The seventh season of Dancing with the Stars premiered on September 22, 2008 as a part of ABC's fall 2008 line-up. Instead of 12 couples like previous seasons, this was the first season to showcase a lineup of 13 couples. This season also introduced four new dances: the hustle, the salsa, the jitterbug, and the west coast swing, as well as Team Dancing. Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris return as the show's hosts. Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, and Carrie Ann Inaba continue as the judges this season, with Michael Flatley having appeared temporarily as a guest judge for Len Goodman during week six.
Only three 30s were given out this season, and all were given to the winner, Brooke Burke: once for her foxtrot in week seven, once for her freestyle in the finals, and once for her repeated favorite dance, the Viennese waltz, also in the finals. This is the second season (the other being season 1) where all perfect 30s were given to one person.
- 1 Couples
- 2 Scoring chart
- 3 Season notes
- 4 Highest & lowest scoring dances
- 5 Highest and lowest scores
- 6 Music
- 7 Call-out order
- 8 Dances
- 9 Junior ballroom dancing competition
- 10 Musical guests
- 11 Macy's Stars of Dance
- 12 References
- 13 External links
The 13 celebrities and professional dancers who competed were:
|Celebrity||Occupation / Known for||Professional partner||Status|
|Jeffrey Ross||Standup comedian||Edyta Śliwińska||Eliminated 1st
on September 23, 2008
|Ted McGinley||Actor||Inna Brayer||Eliminated 2nd
on September 24, 2008
|Kim Kardashian||Reality television star||Mark Ballas||Eliminated 3rd
on September 30, 2008
|Misty May-Treanor||volleyball player||Maksim Chmerkovskiy||Withdrew
on October 6, 2008
|Rocco DiSpirito||Chef||Karina Smirnoff||Eliminated 4th
on October 14, 2008
|Toni Braxton||Singer||Alec Mazo||Eliminated 5th
on October 21, 2008
|Cloris Leachman||Actress||Corky Ballas||Eliminated 6th
on October 28, 2008
|Susan Lucci||Soap opera actress||Tony Dovolani||Eliminated 7th
on November 5, 2008
|Maurice Greene||Olympic sprinter||Cheryl Burke||Eliminated 8th
on November 11, 2008
|Cody Linley||Hannah Montana star||Julianne Hough
Edyta Śliwińska (weeks 7 & 8)
on November 18, 2008
|Lance Bass||*NSYNC member||Lacey Schwimmer||Third Place
on November 25, 2008
|Warren Sapp||NFL player||Kym Johnson||Runner-Up
on November 25, 2008
|Brooke Burke||Television host & model||Derek Hough||Winner
on November 25, 2008
- Red numbers indicate the couples with the lowest score for each week.
- Green numbers indicate the couples with the highest score for each week.
- indicates the couple (or couples) eliminated that week.
- indicates the returning couple was the last to be called safe (they may or may have not been in the bottom two).
- indicates the returning couple that finished in the bottom two.
- indicates the couple withdrew from the competition and did not dance that week.
- indicates the couple that would have been eliminated had an elimination taken place.
- indicates the winning couple.
- indicates the runner-up couple.
- indicates the third-place couple.
|Brooke & Derek||1||23||26||49||24||28||26||54||29||26||30+29=59||28+27=55||21+28=49||28+30+30=88|
|Warren & Kym||2||21||22||43||24||25||22||47||25||25||21+29=50||28+26=54||24+25=49||25+28+27=80|
|Lance & Lacey||3||22||21||43||20||22||26||48||21||27||25+20=45||26+24=50||28+29=57||26+27+28=81|
|Cody & Julianne||4||18||23||41||21||21||23||44||28||23||22+20=42||24+24=48||22+24=46|
|Maurice & Cheryl||5||18||21||39||19||24||20||44||27||21||25+29=54||24+24=48|
|Susan & Tony||6||15||22||37||21||21||24||45||22||23||24+20=44|
|Cloris & Corky||7||16||16||32||15||16||22||38||21||15|
|Toni & Alec||8||22||23||45||23||22||22||44||22|
|Rocco & Karina||9||14||21||35||16||20||18||38|
|Misty & Maksim||10||21||21||42||21||–|
|Kim & Mark||11||19||18||37||17|
|Ted & Inna||12||18||19||37|
|Jeffrey & Edyta||13||12|
Week 1: Brooke Burke & Derek Hough received a23⁄30 (the highest score of the night) for their cha-cha-cha and received a 26⁄30 for their Quickstep. Cloris Leachman received a16⁄30 for her Foxtrot. While Rocco DiSpirito & Karina Smirnoff earned their Foxtrot a 14⁄30 and Jeffrey Ross & Edyta Śliwińska received a 12⁄30 (the lowest score of the night) for their cha-cha-cha. The September 23 episode featured competition and elimination on the same night. Each couple that was called safe performed a new routine. At the end of the episode, Jeffrey Ross was eliminated. Ted McGinley was eliminated on the results show the following night.
Week 2: Warren & Kym performed an encore for their Paso Doble. Brooke & Derek held the top spot for the second consecutive week, while Cloris Leachman & Corky Ballas were at bottom of the judges' leader board with 15/30. Kim Kardashian & reigning champion Mark Ballas were eliminated.
Week 3: Brooke & Derek became the first couple to receive a 10 from any of the judges; in this case, it was awarded by Len Goodman. Cloris and Corky danced their wacky Jive leaving the judges speechless and landed at the bottom of the judges' leaderboard for the third consecutive week. Misty May-Treanor was forced to withdraw from the competition after rupturing her Achilles tendon during a training session. Because of her withdrawal, no elimination took place that week. However, it was announced on the results show that, of the remaining contestants, Rocco DiSpirito had the lowest combined total of scores and votes and would've been eliminated. Each couples combined total for that week was added to their total for the following week, in order to determine who would be eliminated next.
Week 4: Cloris & Corky received their highest score of the season, 22⁄30 for their Tango, but they found themselves in the bottom two along with Rocco & Karina. However, Rocco DiSpirito was eliminated.
Week 5: Eight couples performed four new dances: the Hustle, the Salsa, the Jitterbug, and the West Coast Swing. Susan & Tony, and Warren & Kym performed the Hustle, Cloris & Corky, and Maurice & Cheryl performed the Salsa, Brooke & Derek, and Cody & Julianne performed the Jitterbug, and Lance & Lacey, and Toni & Alec performed the West Coast Swing. After the results show, Julianne Hough was rushed to the hospital because of severe stomach pain. She was later diagnosed with endometriosis. Toni Braxton was eliminated.
Week 6: For the first time since the start of the competition, Brooke & Derek were not in first place, narrowly losing out to Lance Bass & Lacey Schwimmer. Cloris & Corky received a 15⁄30 (the lowest score of week six). They were eliminated, but the audience giving them a standing ovation for the last six weeks.
Week 7: Brooke & Derek became the first couple to receive a perfect 30 from the judges, on their Foxtrot. Cody Linley danced with a substitute partner, Edyta Śliwińska, while Julianne Hough had surgery to remove her appendix. During Week 7, the show introduced Team Dancing and the score each team received was added to the score of their first dance of the evening. The producers named Warren and Susan captains, and had them randomly choose dances to perform. They were then allowed to choose teammates: the resulting teams were Team Cha-cha (Lucci, Linley, Bass, and their partners) and Team Paso Doble (Sapp, Greene, Burke, and their partners). Susan Lucci was eliminated.
Week 8: During the Latin round, each celebrity was required to dance a 15-second solo, apart from his/her partner. Cody Linley danced with Edyta again this week, while Julianne recovered from her surgery. Warren Sapp & Kym Johnson earned their first 10 for their Tango and received the encore for the week. Maurice Greene was eliminated.
Week 9: Julianne Hough returned to the show to dance with Cody Linley. Brooke & Derek earned their jive a 21⁄30, their lowest score of the season, while Lance & Lacey earned their highest scores of the season for their Mambo a 28⁄30 and the Jitterbug a 29⁄30(10, 9, 10), giving them total of 57⁄60 the highest score of week nine. Cody Linley came in last place and was eliminated.
Week 10: Burke received a score of 28⁄30 for the Group Samba and earned a perfect 30⁄30 for the Freestyle round. During the Tuesday night finale, the eliminated couples returned to the dance floor for their final performances including the unstoppable Cloris Leachman. Jeffrey Ross performed a stand-up comedy routine, in which he "roasted" the three finalists. Lance Bass & Lacey Schwimmer received third place, Warren Sapp & Kym Johnson received second place, Brooke Burke & Derek Hough became the champions of Dancing with the Stars season seven. This was Kym Johnson's second time finishing in second place, the first time being in season four with celebrity partner Joey Fatone.
Average score chart
This table only counts for dances scored on a traditional 30-points scale.
|Rank by average||Place||Couple||Total points||Number of dances||Average|
|1||1||Brooke & Derek||433||16||27.1|
|2||2||Warren & Kym||397||16||24.8|
|3||3||Lance & Lacey||392||16||24.5|
|4||5||Maurice & Cheryl||252||11||22.9|
|5||4||Cody & Julianne||293||13||22.5|
|6||8||Toni B. & Alec||134||6||22.3|
|7||6||Susan & Tony D.||192||9||21.3|
|8||10||Misty & Maksim||63||3||21.0|
|9||12||Ted & Inna||37||2||18.5|
|10||11||Kim K. & Mark||54||3||18.0|
|11||9||Rocco & Karina||89||5||17.8|
|12||7||Cloris & Corky||121||7||17.3|
|13||13||Jeffrey & Edyta||12||1||12.0|
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
- Cloris Leachman became the oldest woman in the series.
- During rehearsal of their first dance, Jeffrey Ross was accidentally poked in the eye by Edyta Śliwińska, suffering a scratched cornea. Against doctor's advice, Ross continued the competition. They were the first couple to be eliminated.
- On Friday, October 3, 2008, Misty May-Treanor was injured during practice. She received immediate medical attention. At the end of the next episode, on Monday, October 6, May-Treanor announced that she had ruptured her Achilles tendon, and thus had to withdraw from the competition; moreover, she had surgery scheduled for October 7. She plans to return to volleyball competition after her recovery, stating that she had already planned to take some time off, so this injury did not affect her career. On the results show the next night, Bergeron revealed that no one would be eliminated that week because of May-Treanor's withdrawal; instead, the week three scores would be combined with the scores from week four. He also revealed that Rocco DiSpirito would have been eliminated.
- On Sunday, October 19, 2008, Brooke Burke was injured during the camera blocking for her Jitterbug with partner Derek Hough. She was doing a front flip and came down too hard on her right foot. She put ice on it immediately, but ended up going to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Monday morning, October 20, 2008, for treatment and X-rays. There, it was determined that she had severely bruised her foot, but as of Monday afternoon, an ABC spokesperson told People magazine that Burke and Hough were still planning to perform on that night's live show. They did just that, and went on to receive a 29 for their Jitterbug, remaining at the top of the leaderboard for the fifth straight week.
- On the Monday, October 20 show, Tom Bergeron announced that Susan Lucci had fractured two bones in her foot, but she would still dance her Hustle that night.
- On the Tuesday, October 21 results show, Tom Bergeron announced that Michael Flatley would sit in as a guest judge for Len Goodman during week six. Goodman got one week off due to an "impossible schedule," as stated by Samantha Harris.
- Forty minutes after the Tuesday, October 21, results show, Julianne Hough was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for increasingly painful stomach pains. Initially Hough said she was taking a day off from the group rehearsal to relax and try and feel better. However, on October 27 she was diagnosed with endometriosis. She announced on the October 27th show that she would undergo surgery to remove her appendix on October 28, and that she would bow out of the competition until she recovers. Her partner Cody Linley worked with Edyta Śliwińska for weeks seven and eight of the competition. Hough returned to the show for week nine, the semi-finals, on November 17.
- Julianne Hough's scheduled performance for the October 21st results show was pre-recorded and postponed. It aired during the November 18th results show with Mark, Derek, and Lacey performing a choreographed routine along with Julianne.
- On Thursday, October 30, Lacey Schwimmer reported that she has endometriosis but unlike Julianne, she would continue the show because her condition would not require surgery.
- Due to ABC's television coverage of the 2008 Presidential Election on November 4, 2008, the week seven results show was moved to Wednesday, November 5.
- Tuesday, November 25 marked the first time since season two that a couple (or two) did not receive a perfect 30 for their favorite dance of the season, as Lance Bass received a 28 and Warren Sapp received a 27.
- During the season, Toni Braxton had a tumor under her breast and was scheduled not to go on tour, though after it was removed, she reported she would.
Highest & lowest scoring dances
The best and worst performances in each dance according to the judges' marks are as follows:
|Dance||Best dancer(s)||Best score||Worst dancer(s)||Worst score|
|Cha-cha-cha||Maurice Greene||25||Jeffrey Ross||12|
|Jive||Lance Bass||27||Cloris Leachman||16|
|Mambo||Lance Bass||28||Cloris Leachman||16|
|Rumba||Brooke Burke||26||Rocco DiSpirito||16|
|Paso Doble||Brooke Burke
|Samba||Brooke Burke||28||Rocco DiSpirito||18|
|Quickstep||Brooke Burke||26||Lance Bass||21|
|Foxtrot||Brooke Burke||30||Rocco DiSpirito||14|
|Viennese Waltz||Brooke Burke||30||Rocco DiSpirito||20|
|West Coast Swing||Toni Braxton||22||Lance Bass||21|
|Hustle||Warren Sapp||27||Susan Lucci||22|
|Salsa||Brooke Burke||28||Cloris Leachman||21|
|Team Dance||Brooke Burke
|Freestyle||Brooke Burke||30||Lance Bass||27|
Ted McGinley, Misty May-Treanor & Kim Kardashian are the only celebrities to not land on this list
Highest and lowest scores
|Couples||Best dances||Worst dances|
|Brooke & Derek||Foxtrot, Freestyle, Viennese Waltz (30)||Jive (21)|
|Warren & Kym||Tango & Freestyle (28)||Cha-cha-cha & Foxtrot (21)|
|Lance & Lacey||Jitterbug (29)||Paso Doble (20)|
|Cody & Julianne||Jitterbug (28)||Cha-cha-cha (18)|
|Maurice & Cheryl||Salsa (27)||Foxtrot (18)|
|Susan & Tony||Tango & Paso Doble (24)||Cha-cha-cha (15)|
|Cloris & Corky||Tango (22)||Paso Doble & Cha-cha-cha (15)|
|Toni & Alec||Quickstep & Rumba (23)||Cha-cha-cha, Viennese Waltz, Samba, & West Coast Swing (22)|
|Rocco & Karina||Mambo (21)||Foxtrot (14)|
|Misty & Maksim||Foxtrot, Mambo, & Paso Doble (21)||Foxtrot, Mambo, & Paso Doble (21)|
|Kim & Mark||Foxtrot (19)||Rumba (17)|
|Ted & Inna||Mambo (19)||Foxtrot (18)|
|Jeffrey & Edyta||Cha-cha-cha (12)||Cha-cha-cha (12)|
The following is a list of the dances and songs played. The song titles are followed by the artist who recorded the song.
- Running order
|Cody & Julianne||18 (6, 6, 6)||Cha-cha-cha||"Tilt Ya Head Back"—Nelly and Christina Aguilera|
|Rocco & Karina||14 (5, 4, 5)||Foxtrot||"Stray Cat Strut"—Stray Cats|
|Toni & Alec||22 (7, 7, 8)||Cha-cha-cha||"Smooth"—Carlos Santana ft. Rob Thomas|
|Maurice & Cheryl||18 (6, 6, 6)||Foxtrot||"Doing It To Death"—Fred Wesley and the JB Horns|
|Brooke & Derek||23 (7, 8, 8)||Cha-cha-cha||"Are You My Woman (Tell Me So)"—The Chi-Lites|
|Ted & Inna||18 (6, 6, 6)||Foxtrot||"God Only Knows"—The Beach Boys|
|Lance & Lacey||22 (8, 6, 8)||Cha-cha-cha||"Jumpin' Jack Flash"—The Rolling Stones|
|Cloris & Corky||16 (6, 5, 5)||Foxtrot||"I Wish I Were In Love Again"—Frank Sinatra|
|Jeffrey & Edyta||12 (4, 4, 4)||Cha-cha-cha||"Play That Funky Music"—Wild Cherry|
|Kim & Mark||19 (6, 7, 6)||Foxtrot||"The Pink Panther Theme"—Henry Mancini|
|Susan & Tony||15 (5, 5, 5)||Cha-cha-cha||"I Heard It Through the Grapevine"—Marvin Gaye|
|Misty & Maksim||21 (6, 8, 7)||Foxtrot||"This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)"—Natalie Cole|
|Warren & Kym||21 (7, 7, 7)||Cha-cha-cha||"Do I Do"—Stevie Wonder|
- Running order
|Lance & Lacey||21 (7, 6, 8)||Quickstep||"Close to Me"—The Cure|
|Misty & Maksim||21 (7, 7, 7)||Mambo||"Black Mambo"—Angel & the Mambokats|
|Maurice & Cheryl||21 (7, 7, 7)||Mambo||"I Do the Jerk"—Ryan Shaw|
|Brooke & Derek||26 (9, 8, 9)||Quickstep||"Lover, Come Back to Me"—Barbra Streisand|
|Cloris & Corky||16 (6, 5, 5)||Mambo||"Coconut Woman"—Harry Belafonte|
|Toni & Alec||23 (8, 7, 8)||Quickstep||"Blue Skies"—Della Reese|
|Warren & Kym||22 (7, 7, 8)||Quickstep||"Ding Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line"—Cherry Poppin' Daddies|
|Ted & Inna||19 (6, 6, 7)||Mambo||"Mambo Gozon"—Tito Puente|
|Cody & Julianne||23 (8, 7, 8)||Quickstep||"I Want You To Want Me"—Letters to Cleo|
|Rocco & Karina||21 (7, 7, 7)||Mambo||"La Comay"—Sonora Carrulseles|
|Susan & Tony||22 (7, 7, 8)||Quickstep||"Bei Mir Bist Du Schon"—The Arthur Murray Orchestra|
|Kim & Mark||18 (6, 6, 6)||Mambo||"Baby Got Back"—Sir Mix-a-Lot|
|Jeffrey & Edyta||N/A||Quickstep||"I Get a Kick Out of You"—Frank Sinatra|
- The pro dance performed on night three of week one was to "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie.
- Running order
|Toni & Alec||23 (7, 8, 8)||Rumba||"I Can't Make You Love Me"—Bonnie Raitt|
|Brooke & Derek||24 (8, 8, 8)||Paso Doble||"Palladio, First Movement"—Karl Jenkins|
|Rocco & Karina||16 (5, 6, 5)||Rumba||"You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine"—Lou Rawls|
|Lance & Lacey||20 (7, 6, 7)||Paso Doble||"I Kissed a Girl"—Katy Perry|
|Kim & Mark||17 (6, 6, 5)||Rumba||"You Give Me Something"—James Morrison|
|Misty & Maksim||21 (7, 7, 7)||Paso Doble||"Take Me Out"—Franz Ferdinand|
|Maurice & Cheryl||19 (7, 6, 6)||Rumba||"Mercy Mercy Me"—Marvin Gaye|
|Cloris & Corky||15 (5, 5, 5)||Paso Doble||"Boléro"—Maurice Ravel|
|Susan & Tony||21 (7, 7, 7)||Rumba||"Waiting on the World to Change"—John Mayer|
|Warren & Kym||24 (8, 8, 8)||Paso Doble||"Malagueña"—The Brian Setzer Orchestra|
|Cody & Julianne||21 (7, 7, 7)||Rumba||"Bleeding Love"—Leona Lewis|
- Running order
|Susan & Tony||21 (7, 7, 7)||Jive||"Why Do Fools Fall in Love"—Diana Ross|
|Lance & Lacey||22 (8, 7, 7)||Viennese Waltz||"Let Me Leave"—Marc Broussard|
|Maurice & Cheryl||24 (8, 8, 8)||Jive||"Rock Around the Clock"—Bill Haley & His Comets|
|Rocco & Karina||20 (7, 7, 6)||Viennese Waltz||"What's New Pussycat?"—Tom Jones|
|Warren & Kym||25 (9, 8, 8)||Viennese Waltz||"Lovin' U"—Alicia Keys|
|Cody & Julianne||21 (7, 7, 7)||Jive||"Call Me the Breeze"—Lynyrd Skynyrd|
|Toni & Alec||22 (8, 7, 7)||Viennese Waltz||"Für Elise"—Ludwig van Beethoven|
|Cloris & Corky||16 (6, 5, 5)||Jive||"The Girl Can't Help It"—Little Richard|
|Brooke & Derek||28 (9, 10, 9)||Viennese Waltz||"Daughters"—John Mayer|
|Misty & Maksim||N/A||Jive||"Shake It"—Metro Station|
- Running order
|Maurice & Cheryl||20 (6, 7, 7)||Samba||"That's the Way (I Like It)"—KC and the Sunshine Band|
|Cody & Julianne||23 (7, 8, 8)||Tango||"Bohemian Like You"—The Dandy Warhols|
|Toni & Alec||22 (7, 7, 8)||Samba||"De Donde Soy"—Thalía|
|Cloris & Corky||22 (8, 7, 7)||Tango||"The Big Date"—Marc Shaiman|
|Rocco & Karina||18 (6, 6, 6)||Samba||"I Go to Rio"—Peter Allen|
|Susan & Tony||24 (8, 8, 8)||Tango||"La Bohemia"—Electric Club Tango|
|Brooke & Derek||26 (9, 8, 9)||Samba||"Hip Hip Chin Chin"—Club des Belugas|
|Lance & Lacey||26 (9, 8, 9)||Tango||"Disturbia"—Rihanna|
|Warren & Kym||22 (8, 7, 7)||Samba||"Bounce With Me"—Kreesha Turner|
- Running order
|Lance & Lacey||21 (7, 7, 7)||West Coast Swing||"Breakin' Dishes"—Rihanna|
|Toni & Alec||22 (7, 7, 8)||West Coast Swing||"The Way You Make Me Feel"—Michael Jackson|
|Susan & Tony||22 (7, 7, 8)||Hustle||"Upside Down"—Diana Ross|
|Warren & Kym||25 (8, 8, 9)||Hustle||"Funky Town"— Lipps Inc.|
|Cloris & Corky||21 (7, 7, 7)||Salsa||"Tres Deseos"—Gloria Estefan|
|Maurice & Cheryl||27 (9, 9, 9)||Salsa||"Everything I Can't Have"—Robin Thicke|
|Brooke & Derek||29 (10, 9, 10)||Jitterbug||"Don't Be Cruel"—Elvis Presley|
|Cody & Julianne||28 (10, 9, 9)||Jitterbug||"Big Time Operator"—Big Bad Voodoo Daddy|
Individual judges scores in charts below (given in parentheses) are listed in this order from left to right: Carrie Ann Inaba, Michael Flatley, Bruno Tonioli. Len Goodman is with Kenny Mayne and Jerry Rice.
- Running order
|Maurice & Cheryl||21 (7, 7, 7)||Viennese Waltz||"Gravity"—John Mayer|
|Lance & Lacey||27 (9, 9, 9)||Jive||"Tutti Frutti"—Little Richard|
|Susan & Tony||23 (8, 8, 7)||Mambo||"Si Señor!..."—Gloria Estefan|
|Brooke & Derek||26 (8, 10, 8)||Rumba||"No Air"—Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown|
|Cloris & Corky||15 (5, 5, 5)||Cha-cha-cha||"Come See About Me"—The Supremes|
|Cody & Julianne||23 (8, 8, 7)||Samba||"Whine Up"—Kat DeLuna|
|Warren & Kym||25 (8, 9, 8)||Rumba||"Irreplaceable"—Beyoncé|
|Cloris & Corky
Maurice & Cheryl
Cody & Julianne
Brooke & Derek
Warren & Kym
Lance & Lacey
Susan & Tony
|N/A||Old school hip-hop||"It Takes Two"—Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock|
- Running order
|Warren & Kym||21 (7, 7, 7)||Foxtrot||"Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby"—Diana Krall|
|Susan & Tony||24 (8, 8, 8)||Paso Doble||"The Ride"—James Horner|
|Maurice & Cheryl||25 (8, 9, 8)||Cha-cha-cha||"Cupid Shuffle"—Cupid|
|Cody & Edyta||22 (8, 7, 7)||Viennese Waltz||"Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?"—Bryan Adams|
|Lance & Lacey||25 (9, 7, 9)||Rumba||"Your Body Is a Wonderland"—John Mayer|
|Brooke & Derek||30 (10, 10, 10)||Foxtrot||"Lullaby of Birdland"—Sarah Vaughan|
|Susan & Tony
Lance & Lacey
Cody & Edyta
|20 (6, 7, 7)||Team cha-cha-cha||"Mercy"—Duffy|
|Maurice & Cheryl
Warren & Kym
Brooke & Derek
|29 (10, 9, 10)||Team Paso Doble||"Rocks"—Primal Scream|
- Running order
|Cody & Edyta||24 (8, 8, 8)||Foxtrot||"Call Me Irresponsible"—Frank Sinatra|
|24 (8, 8, 8)||Mambo||"My Way"—Los Lonely Boys|
|Brooke & Derek||28 (10, 8, 10)||Tango||"Tango Diabolo"—Christa Behnke|
|27 (9, 9, 9)||Mambo||"Cuban Mambo"—Xavier Cugat|
|Maurice & Cheryl||24 (8, 8, 8)||Quickstep||"Puttin' on the Ritz"—Fred Astaire|
|24 (8, 8, 8)||Paso Doble||"Let It Rock"—Kevin Rudolf and Lil Wayne|
|Lance & Lacey||26 (9, 8, 9)||Foxtrot||"Sweet Pea"—Amos Lee|
|24 (8, 7, 9)||Samba||"1 Thing"—Amerie|
|Warren & Kym||28 (10, 9, 9)||Tango||"Peter Gunn Theme"—Henry Mancini|
|26 (9, 8, 9)||Jive||"Hallelujah I Love Her So"—Ray Charles|
- Running order
|Brooke & Derek||21 (7, 7, 7)||Jive||"The House is Rockin'"—Stevie Ray Vaughan|
|28 (9, 10, 9)||Salsa||"Babarabatiri"—Tito Puente|
|Cody & Julianne||22 (8, 7, 7)||Paso Doble||"Le Disko"—Shiny Toy Guns|
|24 (8, 8, 8)||Salsa||"Juventud de Presente"—Tito Puente|
|Warren & Kym||24 (8, 8, 8)||Mambo||"Tequila"—The Champs|
|25 (9, 8, 8)||Jitterbug||"That Old Black Magic"—Sammy Davis Jr.|
|Lance & Lacey||28 (10, 9, 9)||Mambo||"Straight To Number One"—Touch and Go|
|29 (10, 9, 10)||Jitterbug||"Jim Dandy"—Black Oak Arkansas|
- Running order (Night 1)
|Brooke & Derek||28 (9, 9, 10)||Samba||"Blame It On the Boogie"—The Jacksons|
|Lance & Lacey||26 (9, 8, 9)|
|Warren & Kym||25 (9, 7, 9)|
|Brooke & Derek||30 (10, 10, 10)||Freestyle||"You're the One That I Want"—John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John|
|Lance & Lacey||27 (9, 9, 9)||Freestyle||"It's Tricky"—Run-D.M.C.|
|Warren & Kym||28 (9, 10, 9)||Freestyle||"Proud Mary"—Ike & Tina Turner|
- Running order (night 2)
|Warren & Kym||27 (9, 9, 9)||Hustle||"Funky Town"—Lipps Inc.|
|Lance & Lacey||28 (9, 9, 10)||Jitterbug||"Jim Dandy"—Black Oak Arkansas|
|Brooke & Derek||30 (10, 10, 10)||Viennese Waltz||"Daughters"—John Mayer|
The table below lists the order in which the contestants' fates were revealed by Bergeron and Harris.
|1||Lance & Lacey||Brooke & Derek||Toni & Alec||Brooke & Derek||Susan & Tony||Warren & Kym||Lance & Lacey||Maurice & Cheryl||Warren & Kym||Lance & Lacey||Brooke & Derek|
|2||Misty & Maks||Kim & Mark||Rocco & Karina||Cloris & Corky||Lance & Lacey||Cloris & Corky||Cody & Julianne||Brooke & Derek||Lance & Lacey||Brooke & Derek||Warren & Kym|
|3||Maurice & Cheryl||Cloris & Corky||Cody & Julianne||Maurice & Cheryl||Brooke & Derek||Cody & Julianne||Warren & Kym||Warren & Kym||Brooke & Derek||Warren & Kym||Lance & Lacey|
|4||Brooke & Derek||Maurice & Cheryl||Brooke & Derek||Warren & Kym||Cody & Julianne||Maurice & Cheryl||Brooke & Derek||Lance & Lacey||Cody & Edyta||Cody & Julianne|
|5||Cloris & Corky||Misty & Maks||Susan & Tony||Toni & Alec||Toni & Alec||Brooke & Derek||Maurice & Cheryl||Cody & Edyta||Maurice & Cheryl|
|6||Toni & Alec||Warren & Kym||Warren & Kym||Susan & Tony||Warren & Kym||Lance & Lacey||Susan & Tony||Susan & Tony|
|7||Warren & Kym||Susan & Tony||Maurice & Cheryl||Cody & Julianne||Maurice & Cheryl||Susan & Tony||Cloris & Corky|
|8||Ted & Inna||Rocco & Karina||Lance & Lacey||Lance & Lacey||Cloris & Corky||Toni & Alec|
|9||Cody & Julianne||Lance & Lacey||Misty & Maks||Rocco & Karina||Rocco & Karina|
|10||Rocco & Karina||Cody & Julianne||Cloris & Corky||Misty & Maks|
|11||Susan & Tony||Toni & Alec||Kim & Mark|
|12||Kim & Mark||Ted & Inna|
|13||Jeffrey & Edyta|
- The couple had the encore for the week
- The couple came in first place with the judges
- The couple came in first place with the judges and had the encore for the week
- The couple came in last place with the judges
- The couple came in last place with the judges and was eliminated
- The couple had the encore for the week, came in last place with the judges and was eliminated
- The couple withdrew from the competition
- The couple would have been eliminated but was not eliminated due to May-Treanor's withdrawal
- The couple was eliminated
- The couple won the competition
- The couple came in second in the competition
- The couple came in third in the competition
- The couple ended up as a semi-finalist and came in last place with the judges
- On the Week 1, Night 3 episode, Jeffrey & Edyta, who had been eliminated after Night 1, were given the chance to perform the dance they would have performed on Night 2.
- On the Week 3 results show, Maksim and Edyta danced the Jive that he and Misty would have done had she not been injured.
- Julianne Hough had an appendectomy on October 28. While she recovered, Edyta became Cody's partner for Weeks 7 and 8 of the competition.
- During Week 6, Cody had no partner standing with him on stage when he was announced safe because of Julianne's surgery. Edyta later joined Cody for an interview backstage.
- There was no encore on the Week 9 results show due to time constraints resulting from a high number of musical guests.
- Lance Bass and Lacey Schwimmer were the only couple to beat Brooke Burke and Derek Hough off the top of the leaderboard.
|Brooke & Derek||Cha-cha-cha||Quickstep||Paso Doble||Viennese Waltz||Samba||Jitterbug||Rumba||Hip-Hop||Foxtrot||Team Paso Doble||Tango||Mambo||Jive||Salsa||Samba||Freestyle||Viennese Waltz|
|Warren & Kym||Cha-cha-cha||Quickstep||Paso Doble||Viennese Waltz||Samba||Hustle||Rumba||Hip-Hop||Foxtrot||Team Paso Doble||Tango||Jive||Mambo||Jitterbug||Samba||Freestyle||Hustle|
|Lance & Lacey||Cha-cha-cha||Quickstep||Paso Doble||Viennese Waltz||Tango||West Coast Swing||Jive||Hip-Hop||Rumba||Team Cha-cha-cha||Foxtrot||Samba||Mambo||Jitterbug||Samba||Freestyle||Jitterbug|
|Cody & Julianne||Cha-cha-cha||Quickstep||Rumba||Jive||Tango||Jitterbug||Samba||Hip-Hop||Viennese Waltz1||Team Cha-cha-cha1||Foxtrot1||Mambo1||Paso Doble||Salsa||Jitterbug|
|Maurice & Cheryl||Foxtrot||Mambo||Rumba||Jive||Samba||Salsa||Viennese Waltz||Hip-Hop||Cha-cha-cha||Team Paso Doble||Quickstep||Paso Doble||Salsa|
|Susan & Tony||Cha-cha-cha||Quickstep||Rumba||Jive||Tango||Hustle||Mambo||Hip-Hop||Paso Doble||Team Cha-cha-cha||Paso Doble|
|Cloris & Corky||Foxtrot||Mambo||Paso Doble||Jive||Tango||Salsa||Cha-cha-cha||Hip-Hop||Tango|
|Toni & Alec||Cha-cha-cha||Quickstep||Rumba||Viennese Waltz||Samba||West Coast Swing|
|Rocco & Karina||Foxtrot||Mambo||Rumba||Viennese Waltz||Samba||Mambo|
|Misty & Maksim||Foxtrot||Mambo||Paso Doble||Jive|
|Kim & Mark||Foxtrot||Mambo||Rumba||Mambo|
|Ted & Inna||Foxtrot||Mambo||Foxtrot|
|Jeffrey & Edyta||Cha-cha-cha||Quickstep||Quickstep|
- Highest Scoring Dance
- Lowest Scoring Dance
- Withdrawn Dance (Not Performed/Scored)
- Performed but not scored
* Misty May-Treanor and Maksim Chmerkovskiy could not perform an encore due to Misty still recovering from the Achilles tendon injury that had forced her to withdraw. Toni Braxton and Alec Mazo did not perform their encore due to Toni recuperating from a recent surgery.
Junior ballroom dancing competition
- Names in bold are the winners of each round.
|October 14, 2008||1||Mitchell & Jessica||11 & 10||Cha-cha-cha||"All Star"—Smash Mouth||Len Goodman|
|Kirill & Hannah||11 & 10||Samba||"I Wan'na Be Like You"—Big Bad Voodoo Daddy||Carrie Ann Inaba & Bruno Tonioli|
|October 21, 2008||2||Anthony & Alisa||11 & 12||Jive||"Fun, Fun, Fun"—The Beach Boys||Len Goodman|
|Mitchell & Maria||12 & 13||Paso Doble||"España Cañi"—Pascual Marquina Narro||Carrie Ann Inaba & Bruno Tonioli|
|October 28, 2008||3||Craig & Samantha||13 & 11||Cha-cha-cha||"Play"—Jennifer Lopez||Carrie Ann Inaba, Michael Flatley & Bruno Tonioli|
|Simon & Lucy||13 & 13||Samba||"Steal My Sunshine"—Len||None|
|November 18, 2008||4||Kirill & Hannah||11 & 10||Cha-cha-cha||"Get Ready"—The Temptations||Public voted for the winners,
announced on November 24, 2008
|Mitchell & Maria||12 & 13||Samba||"Mas Que Nada"—Sérgio Mendes and Carlinhos Brown|
|Craig & Samantha||13 & 11||Jive||"Rockin' Robin"—Michael Jackson|
- For the final round, Tony Dovolani helped Kirill & Hannah, Julianne Hough helped Mitchell & Maria, and Maksim Chmerkovskiy helped Craig & Samantha.
Macy's Stars of Dance
|September 30, 2008||Brian Friedman, Jenna Dewan, Carmit Bachar and others (Music: Black and Gold by Sam Sparro)|
|October 7, 2008||The Radio City Rockettes|
|October 14, 2008||Los Vivancos|
|October 21, 2008||Rich & Tone "Dancing Through The Decades"|
|October 28, 2008||Michael Flatley|
|November 5, 2008||Dave Scott "It's Magic!"|
|November 11, 2008||Design a Dance – Derek Hough & Julianne Hough|
- For the November 11 "Design a Dance" performance, viewers had voted in the weeks beforehand about what style dance they wanted (Jive), what song they wanted the dance to ("Great Balls of Fire"), and what professionals they wanted to do the dance (Derek Hough and Julianne Hough). Also, Dancing with the Stars held an online contest where viewers could submit their drawings for outfits for the performance. Allen, Texas resident Kelly Kealy-Mayton won, and her designs were turned into the outfits for Derek Hough and Julianne Hough, and she and her husband won a trip to the show.
- "DWTS Season 7 Announcement – Aug 25". YouTube. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- "Dancing With The Stars - Home - ABC.com". Dancing.abc.com. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- Rizzo, Monica (October 4, 2008). "DWTS‘ Misty May-Treanor Injured". People.com.
- "May-Treanor vows torn Achilles won't end her volleyball career". ESPN.com. Associated Press. October 6, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- Rizzo, Monica (October 20, 2008). "Dancing’s Brooke Burke Taken to Hospital". People.com. Retrieved 2008-10-20.
- Rizzo, Monica and Reagan Alexander (October 22, 2008). "Dancing's Julianne Hough Hospitalized After Show". People.com. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- Fleeman, Mike (October 27, 2008). "Dancing’s Julianne Hough to Undergo Surgery for Endometriosis". People.com. Retrieved October 27, 2008.
- Tauber, Michelle (October 28, 2008). "Julianne Hough Taking Care Health ‘Because I Want to Have Babies Someday’". People.com. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "Allen designer Kelly Kealy-Mayton wins 'Dancing With the Stars' costume contest | Dallas-Fort Worth Entertainment News and Events | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News". Dallasnews.com. 2008-11-10. Retrieved 2010-04-23.