|Club colours:||Black and Amber|
Danesfort is a County Kilkenny based Gaelic Athletic Association club that competes in the Kilkenny Senior Championship. The club's pitch is located about 4 miles south of Kilkenny city on the Waterford Road.
The club was founded in 1922 and incorporates a broad area south of Kilkenny city, encompassing Danesfort itself as well as Burnchurch, Cuffesgrange and part of Kells.
Current Chairman of the Club is Martin Tynan. Other important Club delegates include Secretary Michael J Moylan,Treasurer Helen Devane and PRO Pat Murphy better known for his Blackboard Jungle escapades.
Danesfort completed a mammoth season in 2006/07 by capturing the Kilkenny Junior Hurling Championship, Leinster Junior Club Hurling Championship and All-Ireland Junior Club Hurling Championship defeating Clooney Gaels of Antrim in the final in Croke Park.
Captain of the team that season was Tony Woodcock. Other important players that season included the Hogan brothers, Paddy and Richie, and Paul Murphy, all of whom went on to win All-Ireland Under-21 Hurling Championship medals with Kilkenny (Paddy and Richie in 2006 and all three in 2008) and Richard Troy (under-14 North Kilkenny panel member 2004).
- All-Ireland Junior Club Hurling Championship Winners 2007
- Leinster Junior Club Hurling Championship Winners 2006
- Kilkenny Intermediate Hurling Championship Winners 1931, 2011
- Kilkenny Junior Hurling Championship Winners 1925, 1930, 2006
- Danesfort Official GAA Website
- Complete Roll of Honour Available Here
- Danesfort and Kilworth set for battle royale to make final
|This Leinster GAA club related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|