Dangerous Muse - Green EP
|Origin||New York City, USA|
|Genres||Alternative dance, electronic rock, synthpop|
Warner Music Group
Dangerous Muse formed when Furey and Tom Napack met as students at Fordham University, New York City. Furey, a singer-songwriter trained in piano, wanted to experiment with a more electronic sound and Napack, a musician-programmer, was looking to collaborate with a lyricist. Their first recording, "The Rejection", caught the attention of record mogul Seymour Stein who offered the duo a demo deal with Sire Records and facilitated their signing to Cordless Recordings, a digital imprint of Warner Music Group. Soon after, the duo signed with former Warner Bros. Records Senior Executive, Craig Kostich of Operational Art, for management.
"The Rejection" was their debut three-song digital EP. A music video for the lead single aired on MTV/Logo Network and in its second week went to #1 on the countdown. This success rallied significant press coverage for the duo. Highlights include the cover of The Advocate's annual music issue, Perez Hilton's popular blog, and the New York Daily News "Year End Ones to Watch." They were featured in the H&M Fashion Against Aids annual campaign among other artists to raise awareness of HIV/AIDS. An exclusive t-shirt designed by Dangerous Muse was sold in stores worldwide and online to support the cause.
Now as the band prepares to release their forthcoming debut full-length, they share a larger taste of their electronic magic with the Red– EP. RED is 1 of 3 EPs that will be comprise the full-length release. Producers on the EP include Bloodshy & Avant, Ted Ottaviano (Book Of Love) and David Sisko (Justin Timberlake, Cut Copy, Gwen Stefani, and Goldfrapp)..
In April 2012, the band officially announced that the keyboardist, Tom Napack, had left Dangerous Muse to begin his own project, Vanity Police. Dangerous Muse currently performs as a 4-piece band consisting of: Mike Furey (lead vocals, piano), Ray Suhy (guitar), Walls O’Mara (bass), and Chris Kling (acoustic/electronic drums). Along with musicians on stage, there are performance artists/dancers and live video art projections. The band also performs acoustically, in a stripped-down configuration: Mike Furey (vocals/piano) and guitarist.
|2006||Give Me Danger
|2007||Give Me Danger|
|2009||I Want It All
|2012||I Can't Help It
|2007||Everyday Is Halloween
||Give Me Danger|
|2009||I Want It All|
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry (soundtrack) (July 20, 2007) "The Rejection"
- Asleep By Dawn Magazine Presents: DJ Ferret's Underground Club Mix #3 (October 30, 2007 Dancing Ferret Discs) "Give Me Danger"
- I Love Montreal : Mixed By Peter Rauhofer (2007) "Give Me Danger (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Dub)"
- Killian Wells - Psycho (Dangerous Muse Remix)
- Tegan And Sara - Back In Your Head (Dangerous Muse Remix)
- The Veronicas - Untouched (Napack - Dangerous Muse Remixes)
- Alanis Morissette - Not As We (Dangerous Muse Remix)
- Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (Dangerous Muse "Match In The Gas Tank" Remix)
- Adam Lambert - If I Had You (Dangerous Muse Remix)