|Designer(s)||S. Shimizu, Y. Shinozaki|
|Genre(s)||Vertical scrolling shooter|
|Mode(s)||Up to 2 players, alternating turns|
|Cabinet||Upright, cabaret, and cocktail|
|Arcade system||Namco System 1|
|CPU||2x Motorola M6809 @ 2.048 MHz,
1x Motorola M6809 @ 1.536 MHz,
1x Hitachi HD63701 @ 1.536 MHz
|Sound||1x Yamaha YM2151 @ 3.57958 MHz,
1x Namco CUS30 @ 96 kHz,
|Display||Vertical orientation, Raster, 224 x 288 resolution|
Dangerous Seed (デンジャラスシード Denjīrasu Shīdo?) is a vertical scrolling shooter arcade game that was released by Namco in 1989 only in Japan; it runs on Namco System 1 hardware and later in 1990, a Sega Mega Drive version was also developed and released (like the arcade original it was, again, released only in Japan).
The player assumes control of three separate ships operated by three separate pilots: Alpha Ship is piloted by Yugo Tyrone, Beta Ship is piloted by Belle Vogato, and Delta Ship is piloted by Kenny Crawford (although none of the pilots' names is mentioned in the game). Each ship has a different firing pattern, and all three of them combined together when the ships are formed together as the Moon Diver; their mission is to quell an alien invasion which is spanning all of the Milky Way, and destroy the aliens' headquarters: the Danger-Seed.
The player starts the game with three separate fighters and has to make it through four tubes using the fighters separately; if one gets destroyed, then the next, more powerful ship makes an attempt to get through. If the player makes it to the fifth stage, the three ships combine into a singular composite ship called the "Moon Diver", which has a massive amount of firepower - and each ship has shields, but the stages must be completed with one ship. The gameplay is also very similar to that of Dragon Spirit, and Phelios, only faster-paced; if the current ship can survive long enough without getting destroyed by a boss, it will retreat and the text "MISSED THE TARGET ENEMY!" will appear on the screen. If this happens on the fifth stage, the sixth one will take place on Saturn instead of Jupiter - and, if it happens on that sixth stage, the seventh one will take place on Neptune or Pluto instead of Uranus.
- Ring-Laser: When Alpha Ship is in play on any of the first four stages and kills a green turtle, it will leave one of these items behind; it can possess up to four of them at any one time, and they can be used by pressing the game's second ("Special Weapon") button.
- Melt-Missile: When Beta Ship is in play on any of the first four stages and kills a blue turtle, it will leave one of these items behind; it can possess up to four of them at any one time, and they can be used by pressing the game's second ("Special Weapon") button.
- Hyper-Bomb: When Delta Ship is in play for any of the stages (or either of the composite ships are in play on any of the fifth to eighth stages) and kills a red turtle, it will leave one of these items behind; they can all possess up to four of them at any one time.
- Special-Bonus: When any ship kills a turtle but already has four of its special items, it will leave one of these behind instead.
- Energy-Capsule: When any ship kills a yellow turtle, it will leave one of these (but for those first four stages, they could also leave a Hyper-Booster) behind; they both look somewhat like the Warp Capsules from Galaga '88 (in gold and blue), and will increase the energy of the ships (or immediately make them fly to the boss of the current stage as the text "EMERGENT ESCAPE!" appears).