|Revenue||US$2.642 billion (2012)|
|Profit||US$1.029 billion (2012)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
The Dangote Group is the largest industrial conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest in Africa. It generated revenue in excess of US$3 billion in 2013. The group is one of the leading diversified business conglomerates in Africa. The company employs more than 26,000 people.
The Dangote Group is a diversified conglomerate, headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, with interests across a range of sectors in Africa. Current interests include cement, sugar, flour, salt, pasta, beverages and real estate, with new projects in development in the oil and Natural gas, telecommunications, fertilizer and steel. The Group focuses on provision of local, value-added products and services that meet the needs of the African population. Dangote Cement, the largest cement production company in Africa, with a market capitalization of almost US$14 billion on the Nigeria Stock Exchange, has subsidiaries in Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa and Zambia. In December 2010, the group signed an agreement with the Government of Zambia to construct a US$400 million cement plant in Zambia. Once completed in June 2013, as anticipated, the new plant is expected to have an annual output of 1.5 million metric tonnes of cement.
The Dangote Group Nig. includes the following subsidiaries, among others:
- ALCO International Limited
- Dangote Nigeria Limited
- Dangote Transport Limited
- Dangote Cement Plc. - Listed on Nigeria Stock Exchange and accounts for over 60% of Dangote Group revenue.
- National Salt Company of Nigeria Plc. - Listed on Nigeria Stock Exchange
- Dangote Flour Mills Plc. - Listed on Nigeria Stock Exchange
- Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc. - Listed on Nigeria Stock Exchange
- Dangote Oil & Gas Industries International
- Dangote Textiles Limited
- Dangote Holdings Limited
- Blue Star Limited
- Dansa Foods Limited
- Dansa Food Processing Limited
- Dancom Technologies
- GreenView International Company Limited - Has invested US$28+ million in cement factory in Ghana.
- Sephaku Cement Limited - Dangote Group has 64% shareholding in this South African cement company.
- Alheri Engineering Limited
- Kura Holdings Limited
- "Group Corporate Profile" (PDF). Dangote Group Nig.
- Dangote Group Ventures Into Fertilizer
- Dangote Group's Cement Operations Span Six African Countries
- Nigerian Tycoon To Invest $400 Million In Zambia Cement Plant
- Four Dangote Subsidiaries Listed on NSE
- Dangote Sugar Listed On NSE
- Dangote Subsidiary Invests In Ghanaian Cement Factory
- Dangote Group Acquires 64% Shareholding In Sephaku Cement Limited