|Location||2900 Stadium Drive
Fort Worth, TX, 76109
|Broke ground||March 1961|
|Opened||December 14, 1961|
|Owner||Texas Christian University|
|Operator||Texas Christian University|
|Surface||Connor Uni-Force floor|
|Construction cost||$1.45 million
($11.4 million in 2014 dollars)
|Architect||Joseph R. Pelich|
|General contractor||Cadenheard Company|
|TCU Horned Frogs basketball (1961–present)
TCU Lady Frogs basketball (1977–present)
Daniel–Meyer Coliseum, also known as the DMC, is a basketball arena located on the campus of Texas Christian University (TCU) in Fort Worth, Texas, United States. The arena sits between Amon G. Carter Stadium and Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility. The arena is home to the TCU Horned Frogs and TCU Lady Frogs basketball teams. It was built in 1961 and named after former TCU football and basketball coach Dutch Meyer and former TCU board member Milton Daniel. The facility currently seats 7,201 people.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2014)|
First Men's Basketball Home Big 12 Win
Prior to the TCU vs. KU men’s basketball game on February 6, 2013 the TCU men’s basketball team was 9-12 (0-8 Big 12) with their last win being Sunday, December 30 against Mississippi Valley State. University of Kansas was 19-2 prior to playing TCU, coming off a loss at home, in Lawrence, Kansas, against the Oklahoma State Cowboys.
The TCU men’s basketball team took out the Kansas Jayhawks men’s basketball team, ranked #5 at the time, in the Daniel Meyer Coliseum on February 6, 2013. The game was scheduled to tip off at 8:00 pm CT and air on ESPNU. It took the Jayhawks over seven minutes from the start of the game to make a field goal. The score going into halftime was 22-13 in TCU’s favor. Kansas head coach Bill Self sounded furious with the play of his Kansas Basketball team, as he said in a post game interview, “It was the worst team that Kansas ever put on the floor, since Dr. Naismith was there.” 
Senior guard Garlon Green, whose brother is Gerald Green, scored a team high with 20 points on his 100th consecutive game for the Horned Frogs. The final score was 62-55 in TCU’s favor, and as soon as time expired, TCU students and fans rushed the court to celebrate their first Big 12 victory. The highest ranked squad TCU had beat prior to the game was #6 Oklahoma on December 27, 1987.
Daniel Meyer Coliseum had a record crowd of 7,412 fans on February 6, which broke the previous record of 7,267 from December 1, 2003 against Kansas. In the 2014 game against Kansas, there were 7,494 fans in attendance, breaking the record set on February 6, 2013. TCU lost in the team’s second Big 12 game against the University of Kansas at the DMC 69-71. Andrew Wiggins scored a game high 27 against the Horned Frogs.
First Women's Basketball Home Big 12 Win
The TCU Lady Frogs faced the Oklahoma State women’s basketball team on February 20, 2013. TCU came into the game with a 7-17 record (0-13 in the Big 12). The game tipped off at 8:00 pm ET, with TCU still winless in Big 12 women’s basketball, but the TCU Lady Frogs scored 11 unanswered points to beat OSU 64-63 and win their first Big 12 game. Delisa Gross scored the game winner with 1:04 left to put the Frogs up by one. The Oklahoma State Cowboys women’s basketball team was ranked #23 going into the game
TCU went on to beat the Iowa State Cyclones 61-58 in the Daniel Meyer Coliseum on Saturday, March 2, 2013. The Cyclones were ranked #23 at the time of the game, with a record of 20-6 (11-5 in the Big 12). Zahna Medley scored 18 points for the Lady Frogs to help secure a win over Iowa State. Delisa Ross contributed 15 points of her own for the Lady Frogs on her final game in the DMC as a TCU Horned Frog. This was the second, and last, Big 12 win for the Lady Frogs of the 2012-13 basketball season.
The DMC has a four-panel LED scoreboard, along with LED sideline boards. The cost of the new screens came to be $1.5 million. The screens are used during the games to show the live feed, highlights, and company promotions throughout the basketball games
On April 16, 2013, the university announced plans for a $45 million renovation to the arena. The project will transform the 53-year-old facility into a modern arena, with widened concourses, additional bathrooms and upgraded concessions. The proposed facade would remake the outdated exterior of the venue into something resembling the brick and art deco architecture of the neighboring Amon G. Carter Stadium. The court will be lowered several feet to accommodate additional rows of seating that will fill in the large curves currently on either side of the court, giving fans courtside seating and much closer views of the action. Among the many additions and upgrades would be a courtside club on the floor level for season ticket holders and new offices for TCU athletic staff coaches of sports such as soccer, tennis and golf. New locker rooms for both TCU and visiting teams and team meeting rooms will be added. TCU would be forced to play at another area arena during the 2014-15 season.
The project was formally approved by the university on November 7, 2013. The construction began in March 2014 and could last 18 months. There are fences around the stadium with outdoor print of the future design of the Daniel Meyer Coliseum. The new arena is scheduled for October 2015.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Stevenson, Stefan (January 16, 2012). "Daniel-Meyer Puts TCU at Disadvantage in Big 12". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved February 14, 2012.
- "Daniel-Meyer Coliseum". TCU Athletics. Archived from the original on December 30, 2009. Retrieved December 30, 2009.
- Press, Associated. "ESPN Men's Basketball: Recap." ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures, 6 Feb. 2013. Web. 10 Mar. 2014. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=330372628.
- Senior guard Garlon Green, whose brother is Gerald Green, scored a team high with 20 points on his 100th consecutive game for the Horned Frogs. The final score was 62-55 in TCU’s favor, and as soon as time expired, TCU students and fans rushed the court to celebrate their first Big 12 victory. The highest ranked squad TCU had beat prior to the game was #6 Oklahoma on December 27, 1987.
- Press, Associated. "ESPN Men's Basketball." ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures, 25 Jan. 2014. Web. 10 Mar. 2014. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400498369
- Press, Associated. "ESPNW Women's Basketball." ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures, n.d. Web. 19 Mar. 2014. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2628/year/2013/tcu-horned-frogs.
- Press, Associated. "ESPNW Women's Basketball: Recap." ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures, 20 Feb. 2013. Web. 30 Mar. 2014. http://espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=330512628.
- Press, Associated. "ESPNW Women's Basketball." ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures, 2 Mar. 2013. Web. 15 Mar. 2014. http://espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=330612628.
- Stevenson, Stefan (April 16, 2013). "TCU Has $45 Million Plan to Remake Daniel-Meyer Coliseum". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- Stevenson, Stefan (November 9, 2013). "TCU Set to ‘Transform’ 52-Year-Old Daniel-Meyer Coliseum". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved November 10, 2013.