Daniel Allen Cox
|Daniel Allen Cox|
|Notable work(s)||Shuck, Krakow Melt|
Life and career
Krakow Melt, the second novel by Cox, published by Arsenal Pulp Press, about Polish pyromaniacs who fight homophobia, was released in 2010 and was excerpted in the US-based national gay and lesbian newsmagazine The Advocate. In 2011, Istanbul-based publisher Altikirkbes acquired Turkish-language rights to the novel for an underground literature imprint featuring Lydia Lunch. The novel was nominated for the ReLit Award, the Lambda Literary Award and the Ferro-Grumley Award for LGBT Fiction. Cox's third novel, Basement of Wolves, was released in 2012.
In a cover interview for Xtra!, the author revealed a collaboration with Bruce LaBruce on the screenplay for the director's upcoming film, Gerontophilia. Cox's script One Shut Night was named one of five finalists in the 2013 NYC PictureStart Film Festival short screenplay contest, with the announcement of a stage reading directed by Peter Kelley.
Cox has appeared at the Blue Metropolis Montreal International Literary Festival, Ottawa International Writers' Festival, Northeastern Illinois University, Columbia College Chicago, McGill University, Wilfrid Laurier University's Rainbow Centre, the San Francisco Sex Worker Arts Festival, WESTFEST, GritLit, AIDS Committee of Ottawa, and CBC Radio One. He is a former fiction editor of Outsider Ink, and his own fiction has appeared in numerous magazines and anthologies. He is openly gay.
- Episodes of Deflated Magic (short story chapbook, Fever Press, 2004) ISBN 0-9732424-1-8
- Year of the Thief (anthology story, Thieves Jargon Press, 2006) ISBN 0-9770750-1-X
- Tattoo This Madness In (novella, Dusty Owl Press, 2006) ISBN 0-9739266-4-3
- Shuck (novel, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2008) ISBN 978-1-55152-246-3
- Second Person Queer (anthology essay, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2009) ISBN 978-1-55152-245-6
- I Like It Like That (anthology story, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2009) ISBN 978-1-55152-259-3
- Krakow Melt (novel, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2010) ISBN 978-1-55152-372-9
- Basement of Wolves (novel, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2012) ISBN 978-1-55152-446-7
- Montreal Mirror, September 11, 2008.
- Daniel Allen Cox author archives. Xtra! Ottawa.
- "The Ninio in the Room". The Advocate, September 16, 2010.
- "Deals: Natalee Caple, Cary Fagan, Mariko Tamaki, and more". Quill & Quire, February 23, 2011.
- Basement of Wolves, Arsenal Pulp Press.
- Matthew Hays. "The inner life of Daniel Allen Cox". Xtra!, April 5, 2012.
- NYC PictureStart Film Festival 2013 edition.
- LGBTQ students speak out. The Columbia Chronicle, October 18, 2010.
- "Hit List". Hour Community, November 23, 2006.
- Queer Arts Festival :: Formerly Known As. Edge San Francisco, June 10, 2009.
- Ottawa International Writer's Festival.
- CBC Radio One, December 2, 2006.
- "Francis Vol interviews Daniel Allen Cox", Velvet Mafia (21), retrieved 2007-10-06