Daniel Aquino Pintos
|Full name||Daniel Aquino Pintos|
|Date of birth||27 July 1990|
|Place of birth||Murcia, Spain|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Winger / Forward|
|Current club||Atlético B|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 September 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Daniel "Dani" Aquino Pintos (born 27 July 1990) is a Spanish footballer who plays for Atlético Madrid B. Left-footed, he can play anywhere on the attacking line but usually appears as both a winger or forward.
Born in Murcia, Aquino made his professional debuts for local Real Murcia at only 16 years of age, during the 2006–07 season in the second division, against CD Tenerife: he scored in a 1–4 home loss for his only appearance of the campaign, which ended in promotion. In early 2007 rumours surfaced that Chelsea and Liverpool, amongst others, were after the youngster; eventually no deals were arranged, as the player chose to stay in the country to further his development.
Aquino first appeared in La Liga on 20 January 2008, in a 1–3 away defeat against Real Zaragoza. After coach Lucas Alcaraz's dismissal and the arrival of Javier Clemente, he finished the season in the starting XI, and showed glimpses of an emerging talent; on 30 March he provided a cross for Enrique de Lucas' opener at Deportivo de La Coruña (another 1–3 loss), and netted his first top flight goal two months later, away against Racing de Santander: Murcia led by 2–0, lost 2–3 and ractified its relegation.
In 2008–09 Aquino was given a major role in the main squad, switching from No. 31 to No. 10, but Murcia underachieved, battling for relegation during the vast majority of the season and finally ranking 14th. At the end of the following season the club finally dropped down a level, and he left the club in June 2011 having featured sparingly in the process.
After further unsuccessful spells with Real Valladolid and Real Oviedo, Aquino moved to Atlético Madrid in mid-January 2013, and scored several goals for its C-team in division four. He also caught the eye of main squad manager Diego Simeone who awarded him his first top division appearance in over five years on 1 June: after just a minute on the field, he assisted Diego Costa for the second goal in an eventual 3–1 win at Zaragoza.
- Spain U17
- Europa se rifa a Aquino júnior (Europe bids for Aquino Jr.); La Verdad, 19 April 2007 (Spanish)
- Real Zaragoza 3–1 Murcia; ESPN Soccernet, 20 January 2008
- Deportivo La Coruña 3–1 Murcia; ESPN Soccernet, 30 March 2008
- Racing Santander 3–2 Murcia; ESPN Soccernet, 4 May 2008
- Dani Aquino, promesa olvidada (Dani Aquino, forgotten promise); Marca, 21 June 2011 (Spanish)
- Jaime y Dani Aquino llegan al Valladolid (Jaime and Dani Aquino arrive at Valladolid); Marca, 8 July 2011 (Spanish)
- Dani Aquino ficha por el Atlético de Madrid C (Dani Aquino signs for Atlético de Madrid C); La Verdad, 17 January 2013 (Spanish)
- Dani Aquino: "Me voy muy contento por volver a jugar en Primera División" (Dani Aquino: "I leave very happy for having played in Primera División again"); Vavel, 1 June 2013 (Spanish)
- Cruel exit for Ghana under-17 side; BBC Sport, 5 September 2007
- Spain's family atmosphere; UEFA.com, 10 May 2007
- Valladolid official profile (Spanish)
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- Daniel Aquino – FIFA competition record
- Transfermarkt profile
- Stats and profile at Zerozero