|Born||20 March 1981
|Died||26 June 2012(aged 31)|
Daniel Batman (20 March 1981 – 26 June 2012) was an Australian sprinter who competed in the 2000 Summer Olympics. He was the Australian national men's 200 metre champion in 2005 and 2008. His best international achievement was a sixth place at the 2003 World Indoor Championships..
Batman was married to Nova Peris (a former Australian Olympic hockey player and Commonwealth Games sprinter) in March 2002 but they separated in 2010. He had two children with Peris, Destiny and Jack. Batman had a child, Liberty, in late 2011 with partner Natalie Sainsbury. Batman died, aged 31, in a car crash at Marrakai, near Darwin, Northern Territory, on 26 June 2012.
- "Olympian Daniel Batman killed in car crash". ABC Online (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). 26 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Olympian Daniel Batman killed in car crash - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". ABC Online (in English) (ABC). Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Like a bat outta hell for London". Canberra Times, 16 December 2011. Retrieved 26 June 2012
- Frost, Carleen; Turner, Ellie (26 June 2012). "Australian Olympian Daniel Batman killed in NT car crash". Herald-Sun. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- Daniel Batman profile at IAAF
- Athletics Australia profile
- ABC story on Batman's death
|This biographical article relating to Australian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|