Caligiuri in November 2012
|Full name||Daniel Caligiuri|
|Date of birth||15 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Villingen-Schwenningen, West Germany|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|BSV 07 Schwenningen|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Daniel Caligiuri (pronounced [kaliˈdʒuri]; born 15 January 1988 in Villingen-Schwenningen) is a Italian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga and the Italy national team. Born in Germany to an Italian father and a German mother, Caligiuri began his professional career with Freiburg before moving to Wolfsburg in 2013.
Caligiuri made his Bundesliga debut for Freiburg on 7 November 2009, starting against VfL Bochum. He joined VfL Wolfsburg in 2013 after a solid season with Freiburg. On 19 March 2015, Calgiuri scored in the second leg of the round of 16 in the Europa League against Inter Milan.
Caligiuri was eligible to represent both Germany through being born there (and to a German mother), as well as Italy through his father. On 22 May 2015, Caligiuri expressed his desire to play for the country of his father's heritage, stating "I have always said that I will play for the national team which invites me first. And I have big hopes now to be part of the Italy squad."
- As of 31 May 2015.
|Italy national team|
- "Lässig ins Viertelfinale" (in German). Süddeutsche Zeitung. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Wolfsburg midfielder Daniel Caligiuri looking forward to dream Italy call-up". ESPN FC. 22 May 2015. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "Caligiuri and Sansone earn maiden Italy call-ups". Goal.com. 31 May 2015. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "Caligiuri, Daniel" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "Daniel Caligiuri » Club matches". World Football. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- Daniel Caligiuri profile at Soccerway. Retrieved 31 May 2015.