His writing has appeared in various journals including ZYZZYVA, Americas Review, Bilingual Review, Colorado Review, New England Review, and Callaloo. Chacón's plays have been produced in California and Oregon.
Chacón has been the recipient of the Hudson Prize, the American Book Award, a Christopher Isherwood Foundation Grant, and the Southwest Book Award. His first collection of stories, Chicano Chicanery was a finalist in the Patterson Fiction Prize.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)|
- Chicano Chicanery. Arte Público Press. January 1, 2000. ISBN 978-1558852808.
- and the shadows took him: A Novel. Washington Square Press. April 19, 2005. ISBN 978-0743466394.
- Unending Rooms. Black Lawrence Press. November 1, 2008. ISBN 978-0981589930.
- The Last Supper of Chicano Heroes: The Selected Works of Jose Antonio Burciaga. University of Arizona Press. August 1, 2008. ISBN 978-0816526628. (Co-edited with Mimi Gladstein)
- Hotel Juarez. Arte Público Press. March 30, 2013. (Arte Público Press)
|This American poet–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|