Daniel Clark (actor)
|Born||Daniel Allen Clark
October 14, 1985
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
His first role was "Chip" in a stage production of Beauty and the Beast in 1997.
He made a number of appearances on TV series, including Eerie Indiana: The Other Dimension, Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark?, and featured roles in films like Grizzly Falls and Model Behavior.
In 2001, Clark took a regular role as Sean Cameron on Degrassi: The Next Generation from season 1 through season 4. He took a break from Degrassi in the middle of season 4, in the episode "Back In Black" and was absent for the rest of the season and also through season 5, but returned during season 6 in 2006 as a regular. He once again left the show at the end of season 6 for Bootcamp and returned in one more guest appearance in season 7. Clark has not appeared on the show since his season 7, 2008 guest appearance as Degrassi is now in season 11. He recently made an appearance in the movie Juno. He also starred in a Hallmark movie opposite Amber Tamblyn called The Russell Girl. He also appeared on an episode of "ER", titled "Blame it on the Rain".
With other actors from the series, Clark is the winner of the 2002 Young Artist Award for "Best Ensemble Actor", having been nominated again in 2003 and 2006. He was nominated in 2000 for "Best Performance in a TV Comedy Series" as "Supporting Young Actor" for his part in I Was a Sixth Grade Alien.
He is one of the two actors on Degrassi: The Next Generation to have been born in the United States, the other being Mazin Elsadig, who was also born in Illinois.
In 2008, he founded a non-profit organization in South Florida Brightline Education which specializes in educating secondary school students about sustainability and their collective ecological footprints. He is an advocate of renewable energy and environmentally conscious urban development.
In 2012, he graduated with Latin honors from New York University. He majored in Political Communication with a minor in Business of Media and Technology through the Stern School of Business. He also worked as a digital news associate for ABC News.
- (1998): Eerie, Indiana: The Other Dimension as Stanley Hope
- (1998): Goosebumps as Mark Rowe
- (1999): Grizzly Falls as Young Harry
- (1999): I Was a Sixth Grade Alien as Tim Thomkins / Tim Tomkins
- (1999): Real Kids, Real Adventures as Sean Redden
- (1999): Are You Afraid of the Dark? as Max
- (2000): The Royal Diaries: Elizabeth I - Red Rose of the House of Tudor as Robin Dudley
- (2000): Model Behavior as Josh Burroughs
- (2000): Dear America: The Secret Diary of Princess Elizabeth as Robin Dudley
- (2000): Deep in the City as Gavin Mackie / Tres
- (2001): The Zack Files as Mack Greenburg
- (2001-2008): Degrassi: The Next Generation as Sean Cameron
- (2002): Fizzy Bizness as Max
- (2002): Earth: Final Conflict as Yulyn
- (2005): ER as Jason Digby
- (2005): Darcy's Wild life as Aaron Shaw
- (2007): Left for Dead as Brady
- (2007): Juno as Steve Rendazo
- (2008): The Russell Girl as Daniel Russell