|Full name||Daniel Connors|
|Date of birth||22 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Victoria|
|Original team||Echuca / Bendigo Pioneers|
|Draft||58th overall, 2006
|Height/Weight||186 cm / 84 kg|
|Position(s)||Midfield / Half Forward Flank / Half Back Flank|
|Current club||Port Melbourne|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2012 season.
Daniel Connors (born 22 September 1988) is an Australian rules footballer who was selected at number 58 overall in the 2006 AFL national draft by the Richmond Football Club. Originally from the Echuca Football Club, he played for Bendigo Pioneers in the TAC Cup and was named in the 2006 TAC Cup Team of the Year and the All-Australian team after representing Victoria Country at the National Under 18 Championships. Daniel Connors was considered a "steal" from the 2006 National Draft as many touted him as a possible top 20 pick but slipped down to the 58th selection where Richmond selected him with their third selection.
Despite playing only 18 games in his first two season, Connors' contract was extended in 2008 and with a change of coach at the end of the 2009 season, he was seen as a potential key to Richmond's future success.
Connors was suspended by Richmond for eight matches following a drunken rampage outside a Sydney hotel in 2010, hours after the Tigers' Round 3 loss against the Sydney Swans the night before. He, along with senior players Ben Cousins, Dean Polo and Luke McGuane were banned over the drunken rampage. Late that season, Connors earned the ire of umpire Stuart Wenn when the umpire allegedly told him that he was "battling himself out of his league".
He had further behavioural issues relating to alcohol during the 2011/12 AFL off-season, earning a further internal suspension from the club. His suspensions and injuries saw him fail to play a senior game between Round 3, 2011 and Round 12, 2012, but he kicked two late goals to help Richmond narrowly defeat Greater Western Sydney in his return match.
Connors was sacked by the Tigers on 4 July 2012 for failing to attend training. Craig Cameron, Richmond's General Manager of Football, stated that Connors had "failed to meet club expectations on a number of occasions" and that "this latest incident can't be considered in isolation."
- Sheehan, Kevin (2 July 2006). "The cream of the crop". AFL BigPond Network. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Burgan, Matt (23 November 2006). "Phantom Draft VII: 2006 Phantom AFL Draft". AFL BigPond Network. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "AFL National Draft". Fox Sports. 25 November 2006. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Australian Associated Press (2 October 2008). "Tiger 10 sign new deals". Herald Sun. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Quayle, Emma (9 August 2009). "Two tribes in 2012". The Age (Melbourne). Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- AFL umpire Stuart Wenn axed after sledging Daniel Connors | Herald Sun
- Connors seals Tigers' AFL win over GWS
- "Tigers sack Connors, suspend Martin". The Age (Melbourne).
- "Fabulous four - Pioneers quartet selected in AFL national draft". Bendigo Advertiser. 26 November 2007. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Witham, Jennifer (22 October 2009). "St Kilda delists Begley, Connors, three rookies". AFL BigPond Network. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Daniel Connors's statistics from AFL Tables