||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
December 16, 1970 |
New Haven, Connecticut
|Spouse(s)||Marie Cosgrove (m. 1997)|
Daniel Cosgrove (born Daniel Thomas Cosgrove on December 16, 1970) is an American actor. He is known for his role as Scott Chandler # 3 on All My Children, Bill Lewis on Guiding Light and for his role as Christopher Hughes II on As the World Turns.
Cosgrove has been a cast member during the series finale of three consecutive cancelled soap operas: Guiding Light, As the World Turns, and All My Children.
Daniel and Marie Cosgrove married on October 18, 1997. They have four children: Lily (b. 2000), Esme Rose (b. 2003), Ruby Willow (b. 27 August 2005), and Finnian Jack (b. 4 March 2009).
In 1996, Cosgrove joined the cast of the ABC soap opera All My Children in the role of Scott Chandler. He left the show in the fall of 1998 to explore other opportunities. That same year, Cosgrove moved to Los Angeles to take the role of Matt Durning on Beverly Hills, 90210, where he remained until the show ended in 2000.
He played Richard "Dick" Bagg in the 2002 comedy film Van Wilder. In June 2002, he moved back to New York to join the cast of Guiding Light as Bill Lewis, leaving the show in October 2005 after opting not to renew his contract. He later returned to the role in October 2007 and was nominated for his first Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 2008. He remained on Guiding Light until the show left the air on Sept. 18, 2009.
Cosgrove moved back to California for his role as "Jon Lemonick" in the series, In Justice, which premiered on ABC in January 2006. In September 2007, he portrayed "Freddy Mason" on the ABC drama Dirty Sexy Money.
Cosgrove returned to AMC as Scott Chandler from December 2010 until the show's finale episode in September 2011.
He was cast in three roles that allowed him to be with each soap opera as the show was canceled.
- 1996: The Object of My Affection as Trotter Bull
- 1996-1998; 2010-2011: All My Children as Scott Chandler #3 (Role: November 27, 1996 to July 28, 1998; December 27, 2010 – September 23, 2011)
- 1998-2000: Beverly Hills, 90210 as Matt Durning (50 episodes)
- 1999: Lucid Days in Hell as Dean
- 2000: Satan's School for Girls as Mark Lantch
- 2000: Artie as Frank Wilson
- 2001: Valentine as Campbell Morris
- 2001: All Souls as Dr. Brad Sterling (5 episodes)
- 2001: The Way She Moves as Jason
- 2001: They Crawl as Ted Gage
- 2002: Van Wilder as Richard Bagg
- 2002: Guiding Light as Bill Lewis (Role: June 5, 2002 - October 18, 2005, November 14, 2007 - September 18, 2009)
- 2006: In Justice as Jon Lemonick (13 episodes)
- 2007: Dirty Sexy Money as Freddy Mason (7 episodes)
- 2007: Mattie Fresno and the Holoflux Universe as David
- 2009: The Forgotten as John Lucas (1 episode)
- 2010: The Good Wife as Detective Bryan Murphy (1 episode)
- 2010: As the World Turns as Christopher Hughes II (Role: March 11 - September 17, 2010)
- 2011: Steamboat as Larry Trout
- 2013: Person of Interest as Jeremy Watkins (episode: "Reasonable Doubt")
- 2014-: Days of Our Lives as Aiden Jennings (Role: January 22, 2014 - present)