||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
Dan Ewing in 2013
3 June 1985
Manly, New South Wales, Australia
|Spouse(s)||Marni Ewing (2012–present)|
|Children||Archer Grason Ewing|
Daniel "Dan" Ewing (born 3 June 1985), is an Australian actor. He appeared on Seven Network's Home and Away series as Reuben Humphries during 2007. In 2011, he returned to the Australian soap, this time receiving a larger role, playing Heath Braxton.
Early and personal life
Ewing was born in Manly and grew up in Forestville near Sydney, Australia and is the eldest of four children. He attended Marist College North Shore where he performed in musicals years throughout high school. He is the first ever professional actor in his family and trained with John Gibson in Sydney's North Shore. Ewing has two tattoos on his right arm. The first is a Southern Cross as a mark of respect to his ancestors who fought in two World Wars. The second says Carpe Diem, which is popularly translated as "Seize the Day". Ewing's interpretation is "Have a crack".
At 183cms and 82 kg, Ewing is an accomplished sportsman. He played Representative Basketball for Manly-Warringah for nine years. This period included two NSW state championships and tours of the US and Canada. Ewing represented his school in basketball, football, rugby, swimming and volleyball. Ewing has played association football for Forest Killarney Football club since the age of six. Ewing was awarded with a NIDA scholarship in 2008.
Ewing appeared in Home and Away as Reuben Humpheries. He has also had guest roles in Blue Water High, Spirited and Rescue: Special Ops. Ewing secured a role as Dillon the Black RPM Ranger in the kid's television series Power Rangers: RPM.
In September 2010, Ewing joined the cast of Home and Away again, this time as Heath Braxton. The actor made his debut in February 2011. On 9 December 2013, Ewing confirmed that he would be leaving Home and Away in 2014.
Ewing was a contestant in the 2011 season of Dancing with the Stars on Channel Seven. He was partnered with Luda Kroiter and both were eliminated in week five. Ewing danced in support of the St Vincent de Paul Society, where his mother works.
|2011–14||Home and Away||Heath Braxton||Regular role (From episode #5233)|
|2009||Power Rangers R.P.M.||Dillon||Black Ranger|
|Rescue: Special Ops||Jack Gardener||Episode #1.09|
|2008||Blue Water High||Guest role|
|2007||Home and Away||Reuben Humpheries||Guest Role (10 episodes; 4455 - 4465)|
|2006||Superman Returns||University Student|
|2004||Dead Meat||Castle Zombie|
|2003||Jesus Christ Superstar||Judas||Anthony McDonald||McDonald Theatre Company – Sydney (Musical)|
|Godspell||Singer||Anthony McDonald||McDonald Theatre Company (Musical)|
|Les Miserables||Brujon||Anthony McDonald||McDonald Theatre Company (Musical)|
- NIDA student scores starring role. If.com.au (2008-10-28). Retrieved on 2013-02-02.
- National Institute of Dramatic Arts "NIDA" – PART-TIME COURSES. Nida.edu.au. Retrieved on 2013-02-02.
- "Dan's Engaged!". Yahoo!7. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- 'Home and Away' star Dan Ewing marries Marni Little. Digital Spy (2012-12-18). Retrieved on 2013-02-02.
- "Dan & Marni Ewing: Our baby news after heartbreak". New Idea. 24 February 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Knox, David (24 September 2010). "New hunk for Summer Bay". TV Tonight. Retrieved 11 January 2011.
- Schipp, Debbie (9 January 2011). "Bay surf gang making waves". The Daily Telegraph (News Limited). Retrieved 11 January 2011.
- Dainty, Sophie (9 December 2013). "Home and Away's Dan Ewing confirms Heath exit: 'It'll be fun, scary'". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dan Ewing.|