Daniel Gildenlöw live in Cairo with Pain of Salvation.
June 5, 1973 |
||Rock, Alternative metal, Progressive metal, progressive rock
||Musician, songwriter, producer
||Vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards, drums, organ, piano, mandolin, lute, balalaika, banjo, sampler, percussion, mandola, programming
||Inside Out, Avalon, Century Media
||Pain of Salvation, The Flower Kings, Crypt of Kerberos, The Q-krunkers from Hell, Daniele Liverani, Axamenta, Spastic Ink, Transatlantic, Ayreon, Hammer of the Gods, Soviac
Daniel Gildenlöw (born in Eskilstuna, June 5, 1973) is a Swedish musician and songwriter. He is best known as a multi-instrumentalist and vocalist for the progressive metal band Pain of Salvation. In the band, he is the main songwriter, lead guitar player, and the mastermind behind each album's concept. He was also an official member of the band The Flower Kings but was forced to leave before their 2005 US tour because he was opposed to USA's US-VISIT which requires submitting one's own biometric data first before entering the country.
- 1984 - Gildenlöw formed the band Reality at age 11.
- 1991 - The name Reality was changed to Pain of Salvation.
- 1997 - Pain of Salvation released their first album, Entropia.
- 2001 - Gildenlöw formed part of the touring incarnation of Transatlantic, during their European tour.
- 2002 - Gildenlöw appeared as a guest member of The Flower Kings, providing vocals, guitar, keyboards and percussion, both on tour and on recordings.
- 2002 - Pain of Salvation headlined the second night of ProgPower II USA.
- 2004 - Pain of Salvation played ProgPower V USA, performing right before headliners Edguy.
- 2004 - Gildenlöw is now regarded as an official member of The Flower Kings.
- 2005 - Gildenlöw left The Flower Kings for political reasons.
- 2006 - Gildenlöw and his wife Johanna had a son, Sandrian Silver Isidor Khan.
- 2006 - Gildenlöw lent his voice on the track "Threnody for an Endling" on Axamenta's album Ever-arch-i-tech-ture.
- 2006 - Mayones endorsed Gildenlöw's signature guitar, "Elements"
- 2007 - Gildenlöw lent his voice on the track "Repentance" on Dream Theater's album, Systematic Chaos.
- 2008 - Gildenlöw participated on the Ayreon album 01011001.
- 2009 - Gildenlöw and his wife Johanna had a second son, Jonathan Lennon Tintiro Nimh.
- 2010 - Gildenlöw performed with Transatlantic during their Whirld Tour.
- 2011 - Gildenlöw and his wife Johanna had their third child, Morris.
Pain of Salvation
The Flower Kings
Crypt of Kerberos
- Genius : A Rock Opera-Episode 1-A Human Into A Dream World (vocals) as Twinspirit n.32
- Genius : A Rock Opera-Episode 2-In Search Of The Little Prince (2004) (vocals) as Twinspirit n.32
- Genius : A Rock Opera-Episode 3-The final surprise (2007) (vocals) as Twinspirit n.32
- Ever-Arch-I-Tech-Ture (2006) (vocals, vocal melodies/arrangements on the 8th track, Threnody For An Endling)
Hammer of the Gods
For All We Know