22 May 1694|
|Died||16 April 1757
|Education||Sebastiano Ricci (Venice, Italy) and Francesco Solimena (Napels, Italy)|
|Notable work(s)||St Anna's Church's frescoes (Vienna), Österreichische Nationalbibliothek Prunksaal's frescoes|
Daniel Gran (22 May 1694 – 16 April 1757) was a painter born in Vienna in 1694 who died at Sankt Pölten in 1757. His pictures ornament several public buildings in his native city. He was of some consideration in his time, but his works are not known out of Austria and Germany today.
- Palais Schwarzenberg (Vienna)
- Prunksaal of the Österreichische Nationalbibliothek (formerly Hofbibliothek) (Vienna)
- Eckartsau castle
- Pilgrimage church Sonntagberg
- cathedral in Sankt Pölten
- Kaisersaal in Stift Klosterneuburg
- Neues Rathaus and Landhaussaal in Brno
- Churches in the Stift Herzogenburg and Stift Lilienfeld
- Parish Church of Hirschstetten
- Cathedral in Sankt Pölten
- St Anna's church (Vienna)
Self-portrait in the monastery of Herzogenburg.
- Bryan, Michael (1849). Robert Edmund Graves, ed. Biographical and Critical Dictionary of Painters and Engravers. London: George Bell and Sons. p. 293.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniel Gran.|
|This article about an Austrian painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|