Daniel Hand High School
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
|Daniel Hand High School|
Live to Learn - Learn to Live
|Madison, Connecticut, United States|
|Number of students||1,276|
|Color(s)||black and gold|
Daniel Hand High School is a four-year comprehensive public high school in Madison, Connecticut, serving grades 9 - 12.
Special Academic and Community Offerings
DHHS offers a variety of advanced and non-traditional educational programs.
- Advanced Placement Courses
- University Of Connecticut Cooperative Program
- AP English
- AP European History/Western Civilization
- AP Calculus
- AP Chemistry
- AP Physics
- Math Modeling.
- Human Development and Family Studies
- A Better Chance (A.B.C. Program) Part of the national ABC program for highly motivated, academically able students from disadvantaged educational areas.
- Magnet School Programs Daniel Hand High School students may participate in partial day programs at the Cooperative Arts & Humanities High School in New Haven. High School in the Community offers a full-time program for a selective group of students.
- Tech Prep Program A nationally recognized program that enables students to receive community college credit.
- Wesleyan University High School Scholars Program A cooperative Honors Program for qualified students (at Wesleyan).
- Yale-New Haven Area High School Program Qualified students may register for undergraduate courses at Yale College.