Daniel J. Kim
|Residence||Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Dallas, TX|
|Alma mater||UC Berkeley Haas School of Business|
|Known for||CEO of Red Mango|
Kim graduated from the UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and found his first job in the finance industry. After working as an investment banker with Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette and as a financial analyst with Deloitte, he held jobs for a number of startups, including Stamps.com.
In 2007, Kim opened the first Red Mango in Los Angeles, California near UCLA’s campus. Since then, Red Mango has expanded to 100 locations in three years. He has said that his three primary goals with Red Mango are to "get people to try the product, get them to know it’s good for them and give them a great in-store experience."
He is currently Red Mango’s Chief Concept Officer and retains the title of founder.
Awards and recognition
Kim has been recognized as one of the "Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business for 2010" and was named to Dallas Business Journals “40 Under Forty” list of top business leaders. He was also named “Entrepreneur of the Month” for January 2010 by Restaurant Business Magazine. He has been profiled in Forbes, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, USA Today, Fox News, Bloomberg, and The Food Channel. Kim has also become known for having provided a Red Mango frozen yogurt machine to the home and office of actor Leonardo DiCaprio.
Kim currently resides in Studio City, California.
- Red Mango Celebrates 100th Store with Introduction of Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Nationwide Restaurant News. January 19, 2011.
- Krantz, Matt. Red Mango USA dishes up healthier frozen yogurt. USA Today. December 30th, 2007.
- Executive Profile: Daniel J. Kim Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Kang, Jaekwon. Red Mango mogul inspires future entrepreneurs Washington Square News. November 21, 2010.
- Frumkin, Paul. Having words with Daniel J. Kim: Chief Executive, President, Red Mango Inc. BNET. June 15, 2009.
- Stewart, Emily. Storefront snack. Forbes. September 1, 2008.
- Amter, Charlie. A game of top this in frozen yogurt wars. The Los Angeles Times. July 17, 2008.
- O’Hara, Kristy J. Bearing Fruit Smart Business. November 2009.
- Red Mango Founder Dan Kim Accepts Two Business Awards as Chain continues National Expansion PR Newswire. June 8, 2010.
- Entrepreneur of the Month: Dan Kim Monkey Dish.
- Walker, Rob. Sweet Revenge: Red Mango Frozen Yogurt. The New York Times. September 5, 2008.
- Interview with Daniel Kim on Fox News. YouTube. May 14, 2009.
- Food Channel Interview with Dan Kim of Red Mango. YouTube. October 9, 2009.
- . Los Angeles Times "Try to top this." July 5, 2007.