Northfield, Ohio, United States
|Height||5' 9" (1.75 m)|
Letterle was born in Northfield, Ohio, and attended Nordonia High School in Macedonia. Prior to graduating in June 1997, he moved from Ohio to New York City to become an actor at 17. In New York, he attended the American Musical & Dramatic Academy and supported himself with odd jobs such as waiting tables, building sets at the Metropolitan Opera, and selling tires.
After several years in New York, he traveled to Europe and performed as a dancer in a production of West Side Story at La Scala in Milan, Italy. In Berlin, Germany, he played "Doody" in Grease.
His big break came in the 2003 independent film Camp, in which he played the lead character Vlad. In 2004, he co-starred in the MTV film Monster Island with Carmen Electra. In 2005, he starred as the title character in the gay romantic comedy The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green.
Letterle returned to Ohio in 2006.
Television and film appearances
- 2005: The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green – Ethan Green
- 2004: Monster Island – Josh
- 2004: Debating Robert Lee – Matt Mann
- 2004: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit – Souless
- 2003: Camp – Vlad Baumann
- Biography for Daniel Letterle. Internet Movie Database. Retrieved July 9, 2008.
- The Official Dan Letterle Website "All About Me". Retrieved July 9, 2007.
- Unsigned interview. "Daniel Letterle: A Talented Misfit". iVillage Inc. Retrieved July 9, 2007.
- Nesti, Robert. "The Most Unfabulous Life of Daniel Letterle". (Jun 15, 2006) EDGE Publications, Inc. Retrieved July 9, 2007.