|Daniel S. Och|
Daniel Och at the World Economic Forum annual meeting in 2009
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania (B.S.)|
|Occupation||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Och-Ziff Capital Management Group|
|Known for||Founder of the Och-Ziff Capital Management Group|
|Net worth||US$3.2 billion (September 2013)|
|Parents||Golda and Michael Och|
Och is the son of Golda and Dr. Michael Och. Och grew up in South Orange, New Jersey and attended the Solomon Schechter Day School of Essex and Union (since renamed Golda Och Academy, in honor of his mother) in West Orange, New Jersey, a Jewish day school founded by his parents. In December 2010, Och donated $15 million to the school, effectively doubling its endowment.
In 1982, Och began his career at Goldman Sachs in the Risk Arbitrage Department. He was later the Head of Proprietary Trading in the Equities Division and Co-Head of U.S. Equities Trading. He worked at Goldman Sachs for 11 years.
In 1994, Och founded Och-Ziff Capital Management Group with $100 million initial investment from the Ziff brothers (see Dirk Edward Ziff, Daniel M. Ziff, Robert D. Ziff), heirs to publishing magnate William Bernard Ziff, Jr. Och-Ziff completed an initial public offering in 2007, listing its shares on the New York Stock Exchange initially at a price of $32.00. The company's stock has declined significantly since the IPO, reaching its year-to-date low of $3.98 on November 20, 2008.
In February 2014 Forbes listed Daniel Och as one of the 25 Highest-Earning hedge fund managers in 2013. His 2013 total earnings of $400 millions ranks him the 17th among the 25 top earning hedge fund managers. 
Philanthropy and political contributions
Och sits on the board of Endeavor. He is the Vice Chair of Robin Hood Foundation, a charitable organization fighting poverty in New York City. Since 2008, Och has served as the chair of the Birthright Israel Foundation.
In 2008, Och donated $28,500 to Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.
- "Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Daniel Och". Forbes. August 28, 2014.
- "Daniel Saul Och". Businessweek. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "Daniel Och's Compensation in 2008". Executive Pay. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- New Jersey Jewish News: "Schechter school mourns founder Golda Och, 74" January 13, 2010
- West Orange Patch: "Solomon Schechter Becomes Golda Och Academy with $15M Donation" by Joshua Wilwohl December 6, 2010
- "Daniel Och". Och-Ziff Capital Management Group. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Och-Ziff Capital Management Group LLC". Google Finance. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Vardi, Nathan (Feb 26, 2014), "The 25 Highest-Earning Hedge Fund Managers And Traders", Forbes
- "Daniel S. Och Joins Endeavor’s Board of Directors". Business Wire. July 12, 2007.
- "Robin Hood's Board of Directors". Robin Hood Foundation. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Jewish Telegraph: "Och to become next Birthright Foundation chair" By Jacob Berkman June 25, 2008
- BIRTHRIGHT ISRAEL FOUNDATION Board of Directors retrieved May 27, 2013
- "FundRace 2008". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Christine Williamson (October 19, 2009). "Strong character: Face to face with Daniel S. Och". Pensions & Investments.