|Daniel John Ford Padilla|
|Born||Daniel John Ford Padilla
April 26, 1995
|Residence||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Occupation||Actor, model, endorser, singer|
Daniel John Ford Padilla (born April 26, 1995), popularly known as Daniel Padilla, is a Filipino actor and recording artist/bassist of the band, Parking 5. He is a talent of ABS-CBN and Star Magic and was chosen as one of the Original Pilipino Music Junior Ambassadors in promoting local music to the Filipino youth.
2010–2011: Early works
Daniel Padilla's first acting stunt was in 2010 when he starred in a minor role in Gimik 2010, a remake of the hit 90's Filipino youth-oriented show and was paired to Julia Montes . He was also casted as Patrick Rivero in another youth-oriented show entitled Growing Up. He reportedly replaced Albie Casiño (who was Kathryn Bernardo's leading man in Mara Clara) for the said role.
2011-present: Breakthrough and music
After two consecutive Sunday youth-oriented shows, Padilla finally landed a role in a primetime television series in Princess And I. He played Gerald Antonio "Gino" dela Rosa or Dasho Yuan Rinpoche, a character whom he describes as "a swaggering rich kid who will change and sacrifice a lot for the sake of love". The romantic-comedy royalty-themed series did well in the ratings, having reached the 40% mark and placed second behind Walang Hanggan.
On May 28, 2012, Padilla released his debut self-titled Album, Daniel Padilla. The album has six tracks with the carrier single "Hinahanap-hanap Kita", which is also featured in his primetime show Princess And I. According to Star Records producer Jonathan Manalo, Padilla's debut album sold more than 10,000 copies in less than a week. On June 17 of the same year, Padilla was given a Gold Record Award for the sales of his debut album and later on sold more than 30,000+ copies and reached Double Platinum. On April 14, 2014, Star Records will release Daniel Padilla's new album. I Heart You is one of the singles in the said album.
|2013-2014||Got to Believe||Joaquin "Wacky/Ryan" San Juan-Manansala||ABS-CBN|
|2013||Gandang Gabi Vice||Guests|
|Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw||Young Gregorio "Bogs" Dagohoy|
|2012-2013||Princess and I||Gerald Antonio "Gino" Dela Rosa/Dasho Yuan Rinpoche|
|2011-2012||Growing Up||Patrick Rivero|
|2010||Gimik 2010||Daniel Ledesma|
|2014||She's Dating the Gangster||Kenji Delos Reyes / Kenneth Delos Reyes||Star Cinema and Summit Media|
|Sa Ngalan ng Ama, Ina, at mga Anak||Nato||Star Cinema and RCP Productions|
|2013||Pagpag: Siyam na Buhay||Cedric Castillo||Star Cinema and Regal Films|
|Must Be... Love||Ivan Lacson||Star Cinema|
|24/7 In Love||Billy Fernandez|
- Acaba, Fionna (May 12, 2010). "Daniel Padilla is determined to become a good actor someday". Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- Placente, Rommel (August 25, 2011). "Newcomer Daniel Padilla replaces "best friend" Albie Casiño as Kathryn Bernardo's leading man in Growing Up". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- Santos, Rhea (July 1, 2012). "Daniel Padilla denies that he and Kathryn Bernardo are already mag-'M.U.'".
- Donida, Krissa (July 4, 2012). "Khalil Ramos admits feeling more pressure because of Princess and I’s high ratings".
- "Daniel Padilla's Debut Album Turns Gold in Less Than A Week!". June 18, 2012.
- "Daniel Padilla's debut album reaches gold". ABS-CBNnews.com. June 20, 2012.
- Kathryn Bernardo may Leave INC for Daniel Padilla