Pelosi met Generosa while seeking work as an electrician. Generosa, who was involved in a bitter divorce from Ammon, hired him to supervise the renovation of her townhouse, and they soon began an affair. Pelosi, who was also married with three children, stayed at Ammon's East Hampton home with Generosa and her two adopted children, and drove Ammon's Porsche Carrera. As Ammon hadn't updated his will to reflect his marital situation, Generosa inherited the bulk of his $97 million estate after he was found murdered. Pelosi married Generosa on 15 January 2002, one day after his divorce from his wife became final.
Murder and trial
While police investigated Ammon's murder, Pelosi was arrested for punching a crew member of a tour boat when the crewman refused to serve Pelosi more alcohol. He was then charged with stealing $43,000 of electricity from the Long Island Power Authority.
Before she died in 2003, Generosa cut Pelosi out of her will. He later challenged the will and a postnuptial agreement which entitled him to $2 million for legal fees. He was arrested for Ammon's murder on March 24, 2004.
Prosecutors theorized that Pelosi killed Ammon to ensure his new-found lifestyle. His former girlfriend testified that he enjoyed killing Ammon. His father testified that Daniel had asked him how to get rid of incriminating evidence. Convicted in December 2004, Pelosi maintains his innocence.
He pleaded guilty to witness tampering in his murder trial so that he could marry his fiancée, Jennifer Zolnowski, who was a bank teller as well as Pelosi's alleged accomplice. She gave birth to their son on August 31, 2004.
Pelosi was played by Shawn Christian in the 2005 TV movie Murder in the Hamptons. Pelosi was featured on Dateline NBC in the episode titled "Mystery of the Murdered Millionaire" in 2008. In 2012, he was featured on a 20/20 episode titled "Revenge for Real: Murder in the Hamptons."
- New York State Department of Correctional Services Pelosi page
- "Suspect in ship assault is banned from alcohol". Honolulu Star-Bulletin. February 27, 2004. Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- "Pelosi's out to Zap Theft Rap". Daily News (New York). September 9, 2003. Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- Millionaire's Husband Held in Electricity Theft New York Times 13 June 2003. Retrieved on 13 September 2008
- Pelosi moves to challenge wife's will New York Newsday 25 February 2005. Retrieved on 13 September 2008
- Electrician on trial in millionaire's killing Court TV via CNN.com September 8, 2004. Retrieved on 13 September 2008
- "Daniel Enjoyed Killing Ted Ammon". CNN. October 27, 2004. Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- Defendant's Father Testifies at Murder Trial New York Times 22 October 2004. Retrieved on 17 May 2007
- Pelosi Found Guilty Of Murder CBS News 13 December 2004. Retrieved on 17 May 2007
- "Danny Pelosi Revisited: Murder In The Hamptons The Jailhouse Interview". WCBS-TV. February 1, 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- Target of Hamptons Murder Probe Speaks ABC News 2 October 2004. Retrieved on 13 September 2008
- "Pelosi to say 'I do' to Tampering Charge". Daily News (New York). April 5, 2005. Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- Harmon, Brian (March 8, 2006). "Pelosi's Pal Gets 6 Mos. In Coverup". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 30, 2012.
- Mystery of the murdered millionaire
- Dubreuil, Jim (March 7, 2012). "Danny Pelosi, Convicted Hamptons Murderer, Claims Wife Wanted 'Revenge' on Multimillionaire Husband". ABC News. Retrieved June 30, 2012.