||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
3 November 1977 |
In 2013 he completed the score to director Ridley Scott's film The Counselor. The score was recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London. He has scored a number of other films such as The Awakening starring Rebecca Hall and Dominic West and directed by Nick Murphy; the live action short Ghost Recon: Alpha directed by Oscar-winners Francois Alaux and Herve De Crecy and edited by Oscar-winner Pietro Scalia; Blood starring Paul Bettany and Mark Strong, directed by Nick Murphy and produced by Sam Mendes; Film4 feature In Fear starring Alice Englert, directed by Jeremy Lovering and Complicit starring David Oyelowo and directed by Niall MacCormick. Pemberton also scored acclaimed Godzilla director Gareth Edwards breakthrough sci-fi short film Factory Farmed.
He has also composed title tunes and incidental music for countless award winning television series including The Game, Prey, Ambassadors, Peep Show, Desperate Romantics, Space Dive, Occupation, Prisoners' Wives, My Mad Fat Diary, Suburban Shootout, Hell's Kitchen, Great British Menu, Hiroshima, Bad Lads' Army, George Orwell: A Life in Pictures, The Yellow House, Monster Moves, Dirk Gently, Napoleon and the first series of the 2010 revival of Upstairs Downstairs. He also has composed music for video games such as LittleBigPlanet, Kinect Adventures, LittleBigPlanet 2 and The Movies. Using the alias The Daniel Pemberton TV Orchestra, some of his television themes were released on the album TVPOPMUZIK in 2007, while his video game work - notably that from LittleBIGPlanet - was released on the album LittleBIGMusic.
In 2014 he was named the Discovery Of The Year at the World Soundtrack Awards. 
|Factory Farmed (Short)||2008||Gareth Edwards|
|The Awakening||2011||Nick Murphy|
|Ghost Recon: Alpha (Short)||2012||Francois Alaux and Herve De Crecy|
|In Fear||2013||Jeremy Lovering|
|The Counselor||2013||Ridley Scott|
|Cuban Fury||2014||James Griffiths|
|The Man from U.N.C.L.E.||2015||Guy Ritchie|
- Prehistoric Park (1812 Recordings, 2006)
- TVPOPMUZIK (1812 Recordings, 2007)
- Attila The Hun + Napoleon (Moviescore Media, 2009)
- Monster Moves: Songs + Sounds (1812 Recordings, 2009)
- Kinect Adventures (1812 Recordings, 2010)
- Upstairs Downstairs (1812 Recordings, 2010)
- The Haunted Airman (1812 Recordings, 2011)
- LittleBIGMusic (1812 Recordings, 2011)
- Desperate Romantics (1812 Recordings, 2012)
- The Awakening (Moviescore Media/Screamworks, 2012)
- Space Dive (1812 Recordings, 2012)
- Dirk Gently (Moviescore Media, 2012)
- Blood (Moviescore Media, 2013)
- The Counselor (Milan Records, 2013)
- Cuban Fury (Decca Records, 2014)
- "Official website biography". Danielpemberton.com. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Daniel Pemberton". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Danielpemberton.com". Danielpemberton.com. Retrieved 28 September 2014.