|Dr Daniel Poulter
|Parliamentary Undersecretary of State for Health Services|
4 September 2012
|Preceded by||Simon Burns|
|Member of Parliament
for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Michael Lord|
|Born||Daniel Leonard James Poulter
30 October 1978 
Beckenham, Kent, England
|Alma mater||University of Bristol
King's College London
Daniel Leonard James Poulter (born 30 October 1978) is a British Conservative Party politician, who was elected at the 2010 general election as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich. Poulter is a qualified medical doctor and has served as a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in the Department of Health since September 2012.
Poulter worked as a junior doctor training in obstetrics and gynaecological medicine and has published articles in the area of women's health. During the 2011 parliamentary summer recesses, Poulter worked at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston, in the Accident and Emergency department.
Poulter was elected as a Conservative member of Hastings Borough Council in 2006, serving until 2007. He was the deputy leader of Reigate and Banstead Council between 2008 and 2010 before being elected as the Member of Parliament for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich at the 2010 general election, receiving 27,125 votes, increasing the Conservative majority.
In September 2012 Poulter became Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in the Department of Health. His primary responsibilities as a Health Minister are for workforce issues and NHS estates and IT systems.
- "Daniel Poulter MP". BBC Democracy Live. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "POULTER, Dr Daniel Leonard James". Who's Who. A & C Black and Oxford University Press. November 2012. Retrieved 27 December 2012. Login or subscription required.
- "Crown Office: List of Members returned to serve in Parliament at the General Election 2010". The London Gazette. 13 May 2010. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Daniel Poulter, parliament.uk. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "East MPs opt for fresh challenges in their summer break". BBC News Online. 8 August 2011. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "2010 General Election result". BBC News Online. 7 May 2010. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Health ministers' portfolios revealed by DH". GPonline.com. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Daniel Poulter, Conservative Party profile. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- Official website
- Daniel Poulter MP Conservative Party profile
- Central Suffolk and North Ipswich Conservatives
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Central Suffolk and North Ipswich