|Daniel S. Razon|
October 11, 1968 |
|Occupation||Television host, Singer, Vice-Presiding Minister|
Gising Pilipinas anchor
|Title||Mr. Public Service|
|Religion||Members Church of God International|
|Spouse(s)||Arlene Ruga Razon|
|Children||Daniel S. Razon Jr.|
From 1987 until 1988, Daniel Razon started as a FM disc jockey at KWKY and DWST . Then he shifted to television first as newscaster on PTV4’s Pangunahing Balita and Balita Ala-Una, and host of the public-affairs programs Ang Pandayan ni Mang Pandoy and Dakila Ka Pinoy (1993 to 1997). He was also the executive producer and director of the public-affairs program of IBC-13, Ikaw ang Humatol (1994–1997).
From 1997 to 2003, Daniel moved to another TV station, ABS-CBN and became the host/newscaster of numerous TV shows such as Hoy, Gising (Hey! Wake Up!),Pulso, Aksyon, and Balita. Soon, he was seen worldwide via ANC (ABS-CBN’s sister station) as newscaster/anchorman for Dateline News (1998 to 2000) and as program host of Kumusta Ka, Bayan on The Filipino Channel (TFC). During those years he was also an anchor for the TV show Gising Pilipinas (1997–2003) and Usapang de Campanilla (2000 to 2003) over dzMM.
In 2003 Daniel moved to rival network GMA-7 where he became one of the hosts of Unang Hirit and anchor of Unang Balita, the show’s news segment. He also co-anchored the primetime GMA news SAKSI/Frontpage. He left GMA in 2005.
On June 16, 2005, it was reported in the Manila Bulletin that Razon was forced to resign from GMA for the network "to maintain its neutrality in the midst of the on-going bitter conflict between the Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ; INC) and the Members Church of God International (ADD). At that time, Razon was the Vice Presiding Minister of MCGI, and that the network had been receiving text messages from both Iglesia ni Cristo and Ang Dating Daan members, each accusing the other of wrongdoing. GMA "felt being placed in the middle of such conflict will not serve its best interest and decided to let go of Razon." The source of INC's complaint stemmed from a Razon's pronouncement in MCGI's doctrinal activity in which "You can see demons in Net 25 (a network owned by INC members)." Razon was quoted in the MCGI website that "I’d rather lose everything than to lose God" in reaction to the conflict he was facing regarding his job in "Unang Hirit" and in ADD.
Daniel, through his morning talk show, Good Morning Kuya) started many public service projects such as free medical/dental check-ups and medicines for the indigent. Razon’s regular free medical missions are achieved through his Mobile Clinic Bus which can reach even far-flung towns in the Philippines.
On January 15, 2008, Razon's morning TV show "Good Morning Kuya" was cited by DOTC then secretary Leandro Mendoza for establishing a public service program "Alay Kay Nanay at Tatay Project" for senior citizens riding the MRT3. Over 5,000 senior citizens were served by the program and provided free travel aboard the MRT3.
In February 2009, Razon and Soriano together with the Kamanggagawa Foundation Inc. launched the Isang Araw Lang (Just One Day) advocacy campaign. The advocacy aims to educate people to help the needy even in just a day will be a big help to society. The campaign aims to inspire talented people to commit their talents, skills and resources for the less fortunate even for just one day.
He is currently leading the construction of a free school for tertiary students (in Apalit & in Caloocan City). With this program, Daniel Razon makes sure that every scholars of this program will enjoy zero tuition fees and many other benefits including free food, lodging & transportation.
Razon was declared "persona non grata" by the Municipal Government of Apalit, Pampanga, the same town where the Philippine headquarters of Members Church of God International is located for stating unsavory remarks against the Mayor of Apalit, who once aggrieved Soriano. The Municipal Council approved Resolution 28 series of 2008 declaring Razon as undesirable person in the town. The resolution further state that "Razon's pronouncement in the Good Morning Kuya TV-charity program has misinformed and misled the public and is meant to malign the wisdom of its officials and put them in a bad light".
Career as a Musician
Razón is also a singer and songwriter. Some of his compositions are "UnangPag-ibig" (First Love), "DalakongNakalimbag" and "PangarapngPuso" (My Heart's Wish). His maiden album "In My Eyes" reached platinum record status. His latest album "All My Life" was released on September 2008, which was awarded a gold record on the day of its release and earned him the People's Choice Favorite New Male Artist award in the 21st Awit Awards on November 26, 2008.
|2002–2005||Unang Hirit||News Anchor||GMA Network|
|2004–2005||Frontpage: Ulat ni Mel Tiangco||Co-Host||GMA Network|
|2004–2005||24 Oras||Substitute News Anchor||GMA Network|
|2004–2005||Saksi||News Anchor||GMA Network|
|2007–present||Good Morning Kuya||Host||UNTV|
|2008–present||Munting Pangarap (Small Dream)||Host||UNTV|
|2009||Isang Araw Lang||Himself as "Kuya Daniel"||Razon also co-directed the film.|
|2013||Isang Araw||Himself as "Kuya Daniel"||A sequel to the movie Isang Araw Lang.|
|2009||23rd Star Awards for Television||Nominee, Best Morning Show Host for Good Morning Kuya|
|2009||2009 Anak TV Seal Awards||Winner, Host in Good Morning Kuya|
|2009||2009 Anak TV Seal Awards||Winner, Host in Munting Pangarap|
- Balares, Dindo. Daniel Razon resigns from GMA, June 16, 2006.
- Get it straight from Daniel Razon - Philippine Star (Retrieved May 31, 2010)
- "Alay Kay Nanay at Tatay Project". Metrostar Express, Metro Rail Transit Corporation, DOTC.
- "Alay Kay Nanay at Tatay Project umabot na sa 5,295 na Senior Citizens". Metrostar Express, Metro Rail Transit Corporation, DOTC.
- "Welcome to the Isang Araw Lang Campaign Blog!". Isang Araw Lang campaign blog. 2009-08-10. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "Kuya Daniel Razon: The Leading Voice of "Isang Araw Lang"". IsangArawLang.org. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "Isang Araw Lang: Current Campaigns". IsangArawLang.org. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "To serve not to be served" - Philippine Star
- Daniel Razon awarded... - UNTV news
- Garcia, Raymond C (May 8, 2008). "ADD leader declared 'persona non grata'". Sun.Star Pampanga (Sun.Star Publishing, Inc). Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- "Daniel Razon's second album out". The Philippine Star. 2009-08-21. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Losorate, Yugel (2009-10-28). "Broadcaster’s CD hits gold". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 2010-01-13.
- Godinez, Bong (2008-11-27). "PARI confers DangalngMusikang Pilipino award to Lea Salonga". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Reyes, William (2009-10-26). "23rd Star Awards for Television nominees bared". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Santiago, Erwin (2009-12-09). "Anak TV Seal Awards 2009 winners announced". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2010-01-19.