||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2008)|
Roebuck in 2007 at Star Wars Celebration IV
|Born||Daniel James Roebuck
March 4, 1963
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Daniel James Roebuck (born March 4, 1963) is an American television film actor, writer and producer, primarily in films, soap operas and television.
Life and career
He appeared in his first film role in 1981. From 1992 to 1995, he played Andy Griffith's assistant, final private investigator and right-hand man, Cliff Lewis, on the television drama Matlock, replacing Clarence Gilyard, during the 1993-94 season, and he also had a recurring role opposite Don Johnson's character as the corrupt officer, Insp. Rick Bettina in Nash Bridges. He has appeared in numerous other guest roles in television programs and has appeared in many feature films including Bryan Loves You, River's Edge, and Dudes. He also played the role of US Marshal Bob Biggs in the films, The Fugitive and U.S. Marshals. He appeared as Mr. Banks in the film Agent Cody Banks and its sequel. He has also appeared as the FBI Officer Weeks in Final Destination.
One of Roebuck's more memorable roles was as Jay Leno in the HBO made-for-TV film The Late Shift. Leno has often commented positively on Roebuck's performance whenever a guest brings up the film on the show. In 2003, he acted in the production Red Riding Hood. This Randal Kleiser directed HD motion picture was shot primarily with live-on-demand 3D virtual set technology.
From 2005 until 2010, he had a recurring role in the television drama Lost, appearing as Dr. Arzt in nine episodes. He played as Morris Green in Rob Zombie's film, The Devil's Rejects. He has been a writer and producer for the Monsterama series, and appeared in some episodes of the series. Roebuck recently starred in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Quints as well as the Nickelodeon original film, Shredderman Rules. In Sonny with a Chance, he's playing as Mr. Condor. He guest starred in Disney's Wizards of Waverly Place. In 2009, Roebuck guest starred in the fan produced web series Star Trek: The Continuing Mission.
Most recently, he has guest starred on an episode of Dark Blue and Bones. He will also be the voice of Morris Green in Rob Zombie's animated film The Haunted World of El Superbeasto and stars in the upcoming film, A Fork in the Road.
- Matlock - Episode - The Doctors - Bobby Shaw (1987)
- Matlock - Episodes - The Ambassador parts 1-2 - Alex Winthorp (1988)
- Matlock - Episode - The Priest - Alex Winthorp (1989)
- Lookwell - unrealized TV series Pilot - Cop (1991)
- Matlock - Episodes - The Assassination Parts 1 and 2 - Prosecutor Mr. Sodowsky (1992)
- Matlock - 1992-1995 Episodes - Cliff Lewis (1992-1995)
- The Fugitive - Biggs (1993)
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - Episode- Opedius Wrecks - Hekimer Johnson (1996)
- Mary Christmas - TV movie - Mac Reeves (2002)
- Castle - Episode - Swan Song - Joe Silva (2012)
- Official website
- Daniel Roebuck at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Daniel Roebuck on Slice of SciFi
- Daniel Roebuck on The Films