Daniel Suárez Alejandro Garza (born January 7, 1992) is a Mexican stock car racing driver. He currently competing in the NASCAR Toyota Series for Telcel Racing, and the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East for Rev Racing.
A native of Monterrey in Nuevo León, Suárez began his racing career in karting in 2002. In 2007 he won the class championship. In 2008 he moved to the preliminary category of NASCAR Mexico, Mini-Stocks, where he became the youngest driver to win a race in the series. He moved to the NASCAR Mexico Series - now the NASCAR Toyota Series - in 2010, driving for Telcel Racing; despite running only a partial season, he won the series' Rookie of the Year title. In 2011, Suárez participated in the Toyota All-Star Showdown at Irwindale Speedway, finishing in 11th, the highest-finishing Mexican driver in the event. In the 2011 NASCAR Mexico Series, he finished the season with three poles and a podium, finishing ninth in the standings. At the same time, he participated in 7 races of the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East.
In 2012, he alternated his time between the Mexico Series and K&N Pro Series East. In Mexico, he led the points for most of the season and entered the final race of the year in contention for the championship, but wound up finishing third, having scored two victories. In the K&N Pro Series East, he finished in sixteenth place in the overall standings, achieving 3 top-10s in nine races.
Suárez competed for the full season in the K&N Pro Series East in 2013, driving a Toyota for Rev Racing. He scored his first victory in the series at Columbus Motor Speedway, also recorded six top-5 and nine top-ten finishes on his way to third in the championship standings. Meanwhile, he finished runner-up of the NASCAR Toyota Series achieved 3 wins and five podium finishes in the season. Suárez was also named to NASCAR's Drive for Diversity program during the 2013 season.
In 2014, Suárez returned to the K&N East and Toyota Series, winning the first two K&N East and first Toyota Series races of the season. In April, he was selected by Joe Gibbs Racing to make his debut in the Nationwide Series at Richmond International Raceway, driving the team's No. 20 Toyota; he finished 19th.
In August 2014, it was announced that Suárez would compete full-time in the 2015 NASCAR Nationwide Series in the No. 18 Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing, and that he would also run a partial schedule in the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold - Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics - Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
|NASCAR Nationwide Series results|
|2014||Joe Gibbs Racing||20||Toyota||DAY||PHO||LVS||BRI||CAL||TEX||DAR||RCH
* Season in progress
1 Ineligible for series points
- "Daniel Suárez" (in Spanish). Fox Sports. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "Movin' on up: Suarez tapped by Joe Gibbs Racing for NNS debut". Fox Sports. April 22, 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- Bates, Karen Grisby (February 15, 2014). "Drive For Diversity, NASCAR's Commitment To Race". NPR. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "Is K&N East driver Daniel Suarez NASCAR's next big thing?". Autoweek. March 13, 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- Kurz Jr., Hank (April 26, 2014). "Kevin Harvick wins Nationwide race at Richmond". The Miami Herald. Miami, FL. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Estrada, Daniel (August 19, 2014). "NASCAR: Mexican rising star Daniel Suarez moving up to Nationwide". MotorSports Talk. NBC Sports. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "Daniel Suarez - 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series Results". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved 2014-08-26.