Daniel Suarez 2009
|Born||December 21, 1964|
|Pen name||Leinad Zeraus|
|Occupation||IT professional, novelist|
His career as an author began with a pair of techno-thriller novels. The first one, Daemon, originally was self-published under his own company Verdugo Press in late 2006. It was later picked up by the major publishing house Dutton and re-released on January 8, 2009. His follow-up book FreedomTM was released on January 7, 2010.
The Wall Street Journal has reported that Walter F. Parkes, who produced the 1983 film WarGames, has optioned the film rights to Daemon with Paramount Pictures, however these rights likely reverted to Suarez on 8 December 2012.
Suarez announced that he was writing his third novel, "which deals with autonomous drones and next-gen, anonymous warfare" via his Google Plus Account on 20 November 2011. That novel, Kill Decision, was released on July 19, 2012. His next book, Influx, will be released on February 20, 2014.
- Daemon (2006) ISBN 978-0-9786271-0-2 paperback; (2009) hardcover re-release ISBN 978-0-525-95111-7
- FreedomTM (2010) ISBN 978-0-525-95157-5
- Kill Decision (2012) ISBN 978-0-525-95261-9
- Influx (2014) ISBN 978-0-525-95318-0
- "LCCN data set for Daniel Suarez". LCCN data base (in German). Retrieved April 15, 2010.
- How the Self-Published Debut Daemon Earned Serious Geek Cred
- Trachtenberg, Jeffrey A. (March 18, 2009). "When Computers Rule the World". online.wsj.com. Retrieved July 8, 2009.
- Suarez, Daniel (November 30, 2012). "Status of 'Daemon' Movie". Retrieved April 14, 2013.
- Suarez announcing third book on Google Plus
- Suarez announcing his 4th book release date on Twitter
- Official website
- Interview with Daniel Suarez at What the Tech (GFQ Podcasting Network)
- Interview with Daniel Suarez at the BookBanter podcast
- Interview with Daniel Suarez at the Sword and Laser podcast
- Interview with Leo LaPorte on TWIT Triangulation at the Triangulation podcast
- Interview with Daniel Suarez at FAZ.net
- Interview with Daniel Suarez at bigbookshow.com