Daniel T. Griswold
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (September 2011)|
Daniel T. Griswold is director of the Cato Institute's Center for Trade Policy Studies, where he has authored numerous studies on trade and immigration policy. Before joining Cato in 1997, Griswold served as a congressional press secretary and a daily newspaper editorial page editor. He has written for major newspapers such as the Wall Street Journal and the Los Angeles Times, appeared on CNN, PBS, C-Span and other national TV and radio networks, and testified before congressional committees. He was born in a small Midwestern town, graduated from the University of Wisconsin–Madison with a bachelor's degree in journalism and economics, and received a master's degree in the Politics of the World Economy from the London School of Economics. In 2001, he wrote a Cato Institute article about the benefits of a high trade deficit. He also wrote the book Mad About Trade, in 2009.
- [ Griswold, Daniel T. Mad About Trade. 2009 Cato Institute, Washington D.C.
- America's Record Trade Deficit: A Symbol of Strength
- Center for Trade Policy Studies (freetrade.org)
- Worried about a Recession? Don’t Blame Free Trade, Free Trade Bulletin no. 34, March 30, 2008.
- A U.S.-Colombia Free Trade Agreement: Strengthening Democracy and Progress in Latin America, Free Trade Bulletin no. 32, by Daniel Griswold and Juan Carlos Hidalgo, February 6, 2008.
- Trading Up: How Expanding Trade has Delivered Better Jobs and Higher Living Standards for American Workers, Trade Policy Analysis no. 36, October 25, 2007.
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform: Finally Getting It Right, Free Trade Bulletin no. 29, May 16, 2007.
- Freeing the Farm: A Farm Bill For All Americans, Trade Policy Analysis no. 34, April 16, 2007.
- Grain Drain: The Hidden Cost of U.S. Rice Subsidies, Trade Briefing Paper no. 25, November 16, 2006.
- Ripe for Reform: Six Good Reasons to Reduce U.S. Farm Subsidies and Trade Barriers, by Daniel T. Griswold, Stephen Slivinski and Christopher Preble, Trade Policy Analysis no. 30, September 14, 2005.
- Trading Tyranny for Freedom: How Open Markets Till the Soil for Democracy, Trade Policy Analysis no. 26, January 6, 2004.
- Willing Workers: Fixing the Problem of Illegal Mexican Migration to the United States, Trade Policy Analysis no. 19, October 15, 2002.
- America's Maligned and Misunderstood Trade Deficit Trade Policy Analysis no. 2, April 20, 1998.
- Dogmatic Libertarians: Over the edge. Discusses Griswold's advocacy for open borders.
- Official Page at Cato Institute
- Why America Needs Comprehensive Immigration Reform