Daniel Tillett is a scientist working in the area of genomics, bioinformatics and DNA sequencing. In 1999 he, together with Paul Marsh, founded Nucleics Pty Ltd., an Australian biotechnology company located at LaTrobe University. Nucleics Pty Ltd. have filed 7 patents in Australia all of which are noted as lapsed.
Daniel Tillett is the inventor of ASIN DNA amplification method, the UniSeq primer walking approach, the CounterTrace DNA sequencing software, the LongTrace DNA sequencing improvement software, the PeakTrace DNA sequencing improvement software, the QualTrace DNA sequencing QC software, and the dLUTE SEQ and dLUTE SEQ CF sequencing reagents.
- Chiu, J., P. E. March, R. Lee & D. Tillett (2004). Site-directed, Ligase Independent Mutagenesis (SLIM): A single-tube methodology approaching 100% efficiency in 4 hours. Nucleics Acids Research 32: e174.
- Neilan, B.A & D. Tillett (2002) Enzyme-free cloning of PCR products and fusion protein expression. Methods in Molecular Biology 192: 125–32.
- Tillett, D., D. P. Parker & B. A. Neilan (2001). Detection of toxigenicity by a probe for the microcystin synthetase A gene (mcyA) of the cyanobacterial genus Microcystis: comparison of toxicities with 16S rRNA and phycocyanin operon (Phycocyanin Intergenic Spacer) phylogenies. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 67: 2810–8
- Tillett, D., E. Dittmann, M. Erhard, H. von Doehren, T. Boerner & B. A. Neilan (2000). Structural organization of microcystin biosynthesis in Microcystis aeruginosa PCC7806: an integrated peptide-polyketide synthetase system. Chemistry and Biology 7: 753–64
- Burns, B. P., D. Tillett, S. L. Hazell, G. L. Mendz T. Kolesnikow & B. A. Neilan (2000). The Helicobacter pylori pyrB gene encoding aspartate caramoyltransferase is essential for bacterial survival. Archives in Biochemistry and Biophysics 380: 78–84.
- Tillett, D. & B. A. Neilan (2000). Xanthogenate nucleic acid isolation from cultured and environmental Cyanobacteria. Journal of Phycology 36: 251–258.
- Tillett, D., B. P. Burns & B. A. Neilan (2000). Optimized rapid amplification of cDNA ends (RACE) for mapping bacterial mRNA transcripts. BioTechniques 28: 448–456.
- Tillett, D. & B. A. Neilan (1999). Enzyme-free cloning. Nucleic Acids Research 27: e26.
- Tillett, D. & B. A. Neilan (1999). Simple n-butanol purification of dye terminator sequencing reactions. BioTechniques 26: 606–610.
- Tillett, D. & B. A. Neilan (1999). An improved method for the purification of large DNA fragments from agarose gels using Wizard Plus SV columns. Analytical Biochemistry 269: 218–219.
|This Australian scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a geneticist or evolutionary biologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|