Daniel Wincott is the Blackwell Law and Society Chair at Cardiff Law School, a position he has held since September 2008. Previously, he was based in the Department of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Birmingham. His research interests include European Union law, new institutionalist approaches to political science, devolution and citizenship. His publications include the co-edited book Accountability and Legitimacy in the European Union (Oxford University Press, 2002), and articles in journals including the Journal of Common Market Studies, Political Studies, Journal of European Public Policy, Public Administration, European Law Journal, Publius: The Journal of Federalism, International Political Science Review and Regional & Federal Studies. He is managing editor, along with Charles Lees, of the Journal of Common Market Studies.
- "Memorandum by Professor Daniel Wincott, Blackwell Law and Society Chair and Dr. Rosanne Palmer, Leverhulme Early Career Fellow, Cardiff University". National Assembly for Wales European and External Affairs Committee. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- "New staff join Cardiff Law School". Cardiff Law School. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- Hay, Colin; Wincott, Daniel (1998). "Structure, agency and historical institutionalism". Political Studies 46 (5): 951–957. doi:10.1111/1467-9248.00177.
- Wincott, Daniel (2006-04-10). "State of the union". The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- "JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies". Blackwell Publishing. Retrieved 2008-12-14.