|Other names||Dan Wyllie|
|Awards||Silver Logie for Most Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series: 2004 (for his role in Love My Way)|
Daniel Wyllie (also "Dan Wyllie") (born 1970) is an Australian stage, film and television actor. Wyllie began acting on the stage and has a much-lauded body of work in theatre.
Wyllie grew up on Sydney's North Shore. Although he studied arts at university and took part in amateur productions with the Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP), and while his involvement led to professional work, Wyllie considers himself untrained.
When he was 18, Wyllie was involved in a car accident which knocked out his front four teeth and left him with a facial scar to his mouth.
Wyllie primarily works in theatre, having appeared in many productions over the past two decades. He has performed frequently with the Sydney company Company B Belvoir, having appeared in productions of plays such as The Lieutenant of Inishmore, The Pillowman and, creating the role of Fish Lamb in the landmark production of Cloudstreet, which toured both nationally and internationally.
His first major acting role was in the 1992 film Spotswood, alongside Anthony Hopkins, Ben Mendelsohn, Russell Crowe and Toni Collette. Later in 1992, he played neo-Nazi skinhead Cackles in Romper Stomper alongside Crowe, who got Wyllie his first agent. He counts actress Toni Collette as a close friend, and appeared with her in the films Muriel's Wedding and Così.
Wyllie's television work includes Bastard Boys, Bad Cop, Bad Cop and Underbelly. From 2005 – 2007, he had the role of Charlie Jackson in the drama series Love My Way, for which he received a Silver Logie for "Most Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series" in 2004. He also received Australian Film Institute Awards nominations in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
In 2010, he appeared in the role of Ezra White (one he had previously played in short drama film Ezra White, LL.B.), the central family's lawyer, in the Australian crime drama Animal Kingdom.
- Spotswood (1992) .... Frank Fletcher
- Romper Stomper (1992) .... Cackles
- Drive (1992) .... Nick
- Muriel's Wedding (1994) .... Perry Heslop
- The Roly Poly Man (1994) .... Aggro Graffitist
- Cosi (1996) .... Closed Ward Nurse
- The IMAX Nutcracker (1997) .... Frederick
- The Thin Red Line (1998) .... Medic No. 1
- Redball (1999) .... Ronny Spinks
- Holy Smoke! (1999) .... Robbie
- Chopper (2000) .... Bluey
- Unconditional Love (2002) .... Pete
- Martha's New Coat (2003) .... Frank
- Peter Pan (2003) .... Alf Mason
- The Money (2004) .... Brett
- Ezra White, LL.B. (2006) .... Ezra White
- Lucky Miles (2007) .... Policeman No. 2
- You Better Watch Out (2008) .... Balaclava
- The Last Confession of Alexander Pearce (2008) .... Robert Greenhill
- The Edge of Reality (2009) .... Barry Duvall
- Not Even a Mouse (2010) .... Brad
- Animal Kingdom (2010) .... Ezra White
- Sanctum (2011) .... Crazy George
- The Hunter (2011) .... Pool Player
- Burning Man (2011) .... Darren
- Bananas in Pyjamas (2011–13) ... B2 the Banana
- The King Is Dead! (2012) .... Max
- Bait 3D (2012) .... Kirby
- The Turning (2013) .... Vic
- The Water Diviner (2013) .... Captain Charles Brindley
- Evans, Mel (25 March 2012). "Dan Wyllie: Plays keep me honest". The Telegraph.
- Keenan, Catherine: Getting square, The Sydney Morning Herald, 5 February 2005.
- Teiwes, Jack: Nostalgia, Reconciliation or New National Myth?: The Adaptation of Cloudstreet to the Stage, Australasian Drama Studies, Number 48, April 2006.
- Bailey, John: Lust for life, The Age, 6 January 2008.
- Dan Wyllie joins Tangle TV Tonight, 4 July 2011.