31 January 1942 |
Born in Rome, Bianchi was the first runner-up in the 1960 Miss Universe contest, where she was also voted Miss Photogenic by the press. Her film career began in 1958. In From Russia with Love her voice was dubbed by Barbara Jefford due to Bianchi's heavy accent. She was the youngest actress (age 21) to play a Bond girl prior to Alison Doody (age 18 in A View to a Kill). She remains the youngest actress to play a leading Bond girl.
Bianchi made a number of French and Italian movies after From Russia with Love, the last being Scacco Internazionale in 1968. One of her later films was Operation Kid Brother (also known as OK Connery and Operation Double 007), which was a James Bond spoof filmed in English (though Bianchi was again dubbed) and starring Sean Connery's brother, Neil Connery. Her only role in an American production was in the Dr. Kildare three-part story "Rome Will Never Leave You."
In 2012 Bianchi appeared in a small role in the documentary film We're Nothing Like James Bond.
- We're Nothing Like James Bond (2012) as herself
- Scacco internazionale (1968) as Helen Harris ... aka The Last Chance (USA)
- OK Connery (1967) as Maya Rafis ... aka Operation Kid Brother (USA)
- Dalle Ardenne all'inferno (1967) as Kristina von Keist ... aka Dirty Heroes (Philippines: English title) (USA)
- Troppo per vivere... poco per morire (1967) as Arabella ... aka Your Turn to Die (International: English title)
- Requiem per un agente segreto (1966) as Evelyn ... aka Requiem for a Secret Agent (USA)
- Missione speciale Lady Chaplin (1966) as Lady Arabella Chaplin ... aka Operation Lady Chaplin
- Zarabanda Bing Bing (1966) as Mercedes ... aka Balearic Caper (USA)
- Ombrellone, L (1966) as Isabella Dominici ... aka Weekend Wives
- Slalom (1965) as Nadia ... aka Snow Job (USA: TV title)
- Dr. Kildare as Francesca Paolini (3 episodes, 1964)
- Tigre aime la chair fraiche, Le (1964) as Mehlica Baskine ... aka Code Name: Tiger (USA)
- From Russia with Love (1963) as Tatiana Romanova
- Spada del Cid, La (1962) as Elvira ... aka The Sword of El Cid
- Domenica d'estate, Una (1962) as Donatella ... aka Always on Sunday (USA)
- Démons de minuit, Les (1961) ... aka Midnight Follies
- En cas de malheur (1958) (uncredited) ... aka Love Is My Profession (USA)
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|